News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Zimmermann brothers - a Class Act !

Even the (relatively) common Deschler made RK of the KVK ain't easy to find, but you could spend a lifetime trying to track down Zimmermann pieces like these :love: .

Hi

Gordon

Nice KVK. :rolleyes:

I have too little knowledge about this medal`s , please explaind the different .

Nesredep

Gordon,

Beautiful RK KVK set!

Strangely, I prefer the KVK series for collecting than the Iron Cross series!!!

Thanks for sharing these quality pieces!

Paul

Hi

Gordon

Nice KVK. :rolleyes:

I have too little knowledge about this medal`s , please explaind the different .

Nesredep

The only really clear differences between Zimmermann and Deschler are the shape of the numerals on the 1939 date on the reverse side, and the maker marks. Deschler carry the maker mark 900 1 on the edge of the lower arm, and Zimmermann carry the mark 900 20.

99% of those which turn up tend to be Deschler.

935 4 marked pieces for Steinhauer and 900 65 for Klein & Quenzer also exist and are also rather rare.

Paul, I couldn't agree with you more, certainly as far as Third Reich crosses are concerned, though I still think a nicely patinated Imperial EK has the edge.

...edit...

Even the (relatively) common Deschler made RK of the KVK ain't easy to find,...edit...

IMHO, compared to the crosses, the Verleihungsurkunden for these medals are even harder to find! I don't even remember seeing any for sale anywhere...they'd be a primo addition to any collection!

best

Hank

Absolutely ! I know of a couple in the US which I was told could be available at the right price, but I suspect that price would be astronomical.

Even the large award document for the KVK1 is much, much harder to find than an EK1.

IMHO, compared to the crosses, the Verleihungsurkunden for these medals are even harder to find! I don't even remember seeing any for sale anywhere...they'd be a primo addition to any collection!

best

Hank

I heard somewhere that a Deschler without swords with a case just sold at the Hermann-Historica auction in Germany for 21,000 Euro plus the gif (20%). Anyone else hear or see this??? :speechless:

An obvious typo methinks. This would be 4 to 5 times the normal value. Why would anyone pay this when there are several available on various websites right now. More likely to have been 2100 Euro. Even though this would be just under half the "proper" price, its more likely than someone paying 4 to 5 times the normal price.

21,000 Euros WAS the winning bid.............it's specifically highlighted in their 'Top 10 of Sale' section. The reserve price was 6,500 Euros.

I saw this cross in Munich last week and it seemed like a bog standard one to me. Someone obviously wanted one of these things very desperately. Or there were two mad buyers.

Here's the result from their site.......

Article / Information

AUSZEICHNUNGEN DRITTES REICH

Lot Nr.7621

A Knight's Cross of the War Merit Cross.

Silver, punched "900" in the lower cross arm and "1" for Deschler/Munich. 54 x 59 mm, weight 34.5 g, intact wearer's ribbon, blue award presentation case (OEK 3832).

Condition: II+ Limit: 6500 EURO 21000 EURO

Edited by Robin Lumsden

• 4 weeks later...

...must ask..

How common are the unmarked RK kvk w and w/o sword?

regards

/Peter

Depends which type you are referring to Peter. If you mean the early unflawed Deschler's with only the 900 mark but no maker mark "1", they are rare. I have only seen a couple of "with Swords" examples, none so far "without Swords".

If you mean the completely unmarked type which are just silvered zink, they are not exactly common, but not really desirable either. I know a lot of people don't trust these.

If you mean the completely unmarked type which are just silvered zink, they are not exactly common, but not really desirable either. I know a lot of people don't trust these.

Thanks!

I meant these...so you mean that no unmarked crosses has silvercontent like the 900-marked crosses?

If I?m right there are RK with silver and no "800"-marking...but no RKkvk?

Just wondering!

/Peter

• 1 month later...

The Zimmermann brothers - a Class Act !

Even the (relatively) common Deschler made RK of the KVK ain't easy to find, but you could spend a lifetime trying to track down Zimmermann pieces like these :love: .

I am looking for look like KVK,now!!But MANY FAKE .

This one of KVK is splendid MINT collections :cheers: