News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello All,

Not certian that this is a German award.. but I thought I would post this here as thie forum gets more hits than any other and the chances are best that someone here will know.

Long story, short version....

I'm researching a Danish General (promoted to Major General 1918) who about had an order from every European country. Here is the list as of 1934:

September 1901:

Denmark, Order of Dannebrog (Knight) (18. Sept. 1901)

1903:

Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Greifen Orden (Knight)

1906:

Sweden, Order of the Sword (Knight 1. class)

January 1908:

Anhalt, Albrecht der B?r (Knight 1. class)

Russia, Order of St, Anne (3. class)

January 1909:

Denmark, Order of Dannebrog, Silver Merit Cross (14. Jan. 1909)

1912:

Sweden, Order of Vasa (Commander)

January 1913:

Oldenburg, House- and Merit Order ('Offizierskreuz') (Awarded May 24, 1912)

April 1919:

Denmark, Order of Dannebrog (-> Commander) (18. April 1919)

April 1922:

France, Legion d'Honneur (Commander)

April 1925:

Denmark, Order of Dannebrog (-> Commander 1. class)

Italy, Order of the Crown (Commander 1. class)

Netherland, Oranje-Nassau Order with swords (Commander 1. class)

September 1928:

Denmark, Order of Dannebrog (-> Grand Cross) (26. Sept. 1928)

1934:

Belgium, Order of the Crown (Grand Cross)

Finland, Order of the White Rose (Commander 1. class)

Finland, "Skyddsk?rernas F?rtj?nstkors"

Question is...... this photo is post 1928.... and I can not identify the very last order on the medal bar as it does not seem to match up to any of the listed awards. :banger:

Any help/thoghts are appreciated !

Cheers

Mark

Could be red eagle? or st georges cross, the first is german the second russian, the stripes on the ribbon in the middel appears to be too broad, thus my first guess would be red eagle.

But the order of the netherlands is not the commander 1st class, but the grand officer ;)

kind regards,

Jacky

Hey Jacky,

Actually.. that's his Dannebrog Grand Cross star and sash. That's how I dated the picture as post 1928 (when he was awarded the Grand Cross)...

And... now I wonder ... it could be a Red Eagle 4th class....... I wonder if the medal roles were incorrect.... as I don't see his Anhalt Albert the Bear.... The medals apepar to be:

Dannobrog Silver cross

Mecklenburg Griffen

Swiss Order of the Sword

Russian St. Anne

Mystery medal...... ??????

Cheers

Mark

Dannobrog Silver cross

Mecklenburg Griffen

Swiss Order of the Sword

Russian St. Anne

Mystery medal...... ??????

I'm sorry I've got no idea what's the last one, but it is still Sweden and NOT Switzerland ... :shame::shame::shame:

It can't be Saint Anne, for the last badge on the bar lacks the gold filigree decoration between the arms. A very strong possibility would be a St.Vladimir by that foto. Good luck Mark

It can't be Saint Anne, for the last badge on the bar lacks the gold filigree decoration between the arms. A very strong possibility would be a St.Vladimir by that foto. Good luck Mark

Nope.... shouldn't be as the St. Vladimir is ranked above the St. Anne.. so it would have come first.

I also think that the Vladimir is a combat award (though I'm not positive about this).

Argggggg.......

Cheers

Mark

Nope.... shouldn't be as the St. Vladimir is ranked above the St. Anne.. so it would have come first.

I also think that the Vladimir is a combat award (though I'm not positive about this).

Argggggg.......

Cheers

Mark

The St Vladimir is higher ranking & would come before the St.Anne. But I don't see a St.Ann on the bar. He certainly would have recived the St.Vladimir after being awarded the St.Anne. When was the St.Anne awarded? The picture is from 1928 as I understand and he a General which certainly could entitle him to the St.Vladimir. The St.Vladimir is a civil award and can be awarded for bravery as well. In 1855 swords were placed to clearly indicate civil or military.

Sincerely

Brian

Hey Brian,

The St Anne is on 4th place.... the dark ribbon and you can barly make out the details.

He was awarded the St. Anne in 1908.

Cheers

Mark

Any chance to zoom the foto with bar only :D

Nope.. wish there was....... Mike posted this pic (from the other thread) and this was all he had..... so... this is a sgood as it gets.

Cheers

Mark

Nope.. wish there was....... Mike posted this pic (from the other thread) and this was all he had..... so... this is a sgood as it gets.

Cheers

Mark