News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bugler and drummers of a Leibregiment

Hi Robert,

Beautiful details in the picture.

I agree with Dante: Baden 110 Grenadiers (could not be the 7th Grenadier Rgt - they wore litzen on their collars)

Regards, Hardy

Here is a picture of some Baden Leib-Grenadiere of the 109 Regiment (note the litzen and the crown w/o the cypher)

File0062_cr.jpg

And a colour photo of the Bavarian leib (still looking for the correct pickelhaube, but hopefully the white belt is on the way

Hello again everyone:

I am definately out of my area of expertise on this one.

However, I still say definately Prussian (not Baden, not Bavaria). The Schulterklappen look like they are for enlisted men of the Grenadier-Regt. K?nig Friedrich Wilhelm I. (2. Ostpreu?isches) Nr. 3 K?nigsberg. I am rather certain about this now after finding an example in a catalogue.

Where are our Prussian uniform experts to verify this?

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello again everyone:

I am definately out of my area of expertise on this one.

However, I still say definately Prussian (not Baden, not Bavaria). The Schulterklappen look like they are for enlisted men of the Grenadier-Regt. K?nig Friedrich Wilhelm I. (2. Ostpreu?isches) Nr. 3 K?nigsberg. I am rather certain about this now after finding an example in a catalogue.

Where are our Prussian uniform experts to verify this?

Best regards,

"SPM"

SMP I disagree (it rhymes!)

have a look at the bottom Kokades on the Feldm?tzen, it is definatley not the Prussian colors (black - white - black), but it could be the Baden colors (yellow - red - yellow),

I think that one can just see the Baden griffin on the helmet of the drummer in the first picture. Perhaps a closeup would solve this

Regards, Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Hello Hardy:

I claim ignorance (my default setting) regarding being able to tell what color the Kokades are. I frankly can't see the Griffen of Baden on any of the helmets.

I do also see however PRUSSIAN eagles on the bugles too. Did the Music Korps troops of Baden not have their own types of bugles and drum hangers?

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello Hardy:

I claim ignorance (my default setting) regarding being able to tell what color the Kokades are. I frankly can't see the Griffen of Baden on any of the helmets.

I do also see however PRUSSIAN eagles on the bugles too. Did the Music Korps troops of Baden not have their own types of bugles and drum hangers?

Best regards,

"SPM"

I believe they used the Prussian eagle hangers - Baden Regiments also used Prussian Belt Buckles

Regards, Hardy

Hello again:

I think that this is what we are looking at?

"SPM"

Yes that is the right shoulder board and it belongs to the 110 Baden Regiment

see the straps here: http://www.kaisersbunker.com/gtp/straps.htm

the Grenadier-Regt. Kronprinz (1.Ostpreu?isches) Nr.1 had Litzen on their tunics and the shoulder board was slightly different, showing FR III under the crown

Regards, Hardy

Hello again Hardy:

Thank you for your patience and the excellent information! Now I see the Griffen of Baden on the helmet. Excellent information regarding the shoulder boards, and a superb link for information regarding the 110th!

I have learned a lot from the analysis of these photos.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister