News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is a station card from a U-406 grouping in my collection. I haven't seen this type of card featured in any of the KM/U-Boat books. I would assume that these would be issued at the beginning of a crewman's service.

Here is a station card from a U-406 grouping in my collection. I haven't seen this type of card featured in any of the KM/U-Boat books. I would assume that these would be issued at the beginning of a crewman's service.

This is a very interesting u-boat related item that I have never seen before . Where is this card located , in a small book or is this just a single sheet of heavy paper card ? What is on the back of this card ? Can you show us more pictures ?

Best Regards,

Joe

Thanks for the comments, Nesredep and Joe.

Joe, the card is a single sheet heavy paper card with nothing on the back. It is stand-alone, not in a book or attached to anything else. There is not much else to show: the one picture I posted pretty much tells it all.

It really is rather unique. Would love to see other examples if anyone else has one.

Best,

Erik

Very nice piece of emphera. Not much has changed then, even in the modern Navy you get a Watch and Station card or a DC (Damage Control) booklet which includes your stations. Even the stations appear to be the same (given my limited German).

Regards;

Johnsy

Edited by Tiger-pie

• 6 months later...

Very nice piece of emphera. Not much has changed then, even in the modern Navy you get a Watch and Station card or a DC (Damage Control) booklet which includes your stations. Even the stations appear to be the same (given my limited German).

Regards;

Johnsy

yes correct , the name of this document is ROLLENKARTE and they are still issued in the same form to be carried on the person usually in plastic envelope.