News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MUNK?SŐR EML?KJELV?NYT

This MUNK?SŐR award has been discussed before and the reasosn for its award were also discussed. I thought it would be interesting to display the award and show how the case and badge itself changed over time.

The original reason for awarding this badge was for 5 years service to the prople in the MUNK?SŐR . As such, it was awarded in a two piece dark red plastic case with this inscription on the top across one corner with a picture of the badge, in gold, above the script. At a future date the badge was awarded for excellent service in the MUNK?SŐR. I'll post pictures of the badges in their cases to illustrate the difference in both. The badge that was awarded for 5 years service was a much more impressive, and better finished, badge but remainde exactly the same in designs and diametre.

It is probabaly worth mentioning here that the marks on the top of the interior of the badge on the viewers left were created by me. Plastic cases of this era had a thin foam material between the artificial silk lining and the hard surface of the case. Over the years, this foam often disintegrates leaving the white lining to separate from the case. I tried my good old solution "superglue" to correct this problem and it did fasten the cloth to the interior of the top but also stained the cloth badly. I am still looking for a solution to this problem and if anyone has found a way to glue the cloth back into place with out the glue showing through the cloth I'd be very interested to hear about it!

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Here is a picture of the OKLEV?L (diploma) presented with the badge awarded for excellent service. It was presented on the 24th anniversary of the liberation of Hungary by the Red Army. It is not unusual to find awards awarded on this date. Note the date at the bottom; 1969 ?prilis 4. The annual parade held in Budapest to celebrate the Liberation was always held on this date.

Interesting that the document is for a badge and the star type badge - but the doucment speaks about awarding it because of 24 years after the freedom of the nation - IE - the Red Army came to set up Communism for us. From what I can gater from translating this is not a 'good boy at the desk (factory?)' but more - hey its 24 years after the last German soldier left Hungary - lets hand out badges! Interesting... :jumping:

Reading agian ---- you had already noticed that about the liberation part :speechless:

Edited by hunyadi