News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Police Eagles and Period Photos

Hello,

I started a project on another forum to match artifact police sleeve eagles with period photographs of the same patterns of eagle shown in actual use. I was able to put together a few as shown here. These are presented to help collectors validate eagles in their collections as authentic period used types.

Anyone who might have photographs of identifiable eagles in wear is invited to contact me for possible inclusion in this thread.

The eagles shown are all examples from my collection. The photographs have been drawn from many sources, and are used with the permission of their owners.

Best regards,

William Unland

Edited by W.Unland

• 2 years later...

This would be a very fun area to collect, to try to get all the districts as one set. How many different eagles were made? There has to be 100's I would assume as every gau would have their names placed on these different types of eagles. Boggles the mind! :speechless1:

Nice resource!

Pat

Dear Pat,

If you take into consideration volunteer fire departments the number of different named eagles would probably number in the 1000's, an impossible task to collect all. i have chosen to collect "patterns" of nco eagles instead, i.e; different styles of eagles representing different manufacturers.

Regards,

William Unland

• 10 months later...

Gary,

I am personally hurt that you would accuse me, even indirectly so, of posting YOUR photos when you know that is NOT the case. I solicited these photos on the other forum for public access, and did the photoshop enhancements as shown here. If you contributed any original photos to this you did so knowing they were going to be shared with all, so I am a bit taken aback by your comment made here.

I have offered you my sincere assistance with your project, and have provided you with many materials and photos for same. This thread is three years old, and you have been aware of it since it was initially posted.

You may e-mail me copies of the originals that you might have provided to this study and I will ask the mod to remove them, but as I recall it was only one photo. The others were obtained from contributors and from web sources. I am very disappointed that you find it to your benefit to poison our collecting relationship after all these years.

W.Unland

Edited by W.Unland

Bill I was thinking and worrying about my comments last night in my sleep and it came to me that these photos where posted along time ago before the thought of the book came up, I offer my sincere appoligies, I put it all down to age, lack of sleep and the presure of court proceeding in trying to get contact with my dear young children who my ex wife refuses to let me see, even though I have a right to see them.