News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anywhere a compiled list of feldpost numbers/description relating to Kriegsmarine locations and vessels?

Thanks for the help.

Richard

I have a great little book pertaining to the U-Bootwaffe. It's quite comprehensive. Haven't seen a volume that addresses the entire Kriegsmarine though.

Best Regards,

Erik

I have a great little book pertaining to the U-Bootwaffe. It's quite comprehensive. Haven't seen a volume that addresses the entire Kriegsmarine though.

Best Regards,

Erik

Exactly what I was looking for Erik. Thanks very much for the reply.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Does anyone know the location for the following feldpost numbers:

M25522

M03184

M11878

M24032

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Richard

M25522 Mobilisation until Jan 1940 - Vehicle Pool of 2 U-Flotille then used by 2 U-Flotille Command

M03184 Jan - April 1940 BdU, then used by 24 U-Flotille

M11878 Mobilisation until Jan 1940 Vehicle pool of 4 U-Flotille, then used by 21 U-Flotille Command

M24032 Can you double check this one - Doesn't seem to be a Naval code so shouldn't have an M prefix. 24032 was allocated to Bau Bataillon 57.

M25522 Mobilisation until Jan 1940 - Vehicle Pool of 2 U-Flotille then used by 2 U-Flotille Command

M03184 Jan - April 1940 BdU, then used by 24 U-Flotille

M11878 Mobilisation until Jan 1940 Vehicle pool of 4 U-Flotille, then used by 21 U-Flotille Command

M24032 Can you double check this one - Doesn't seem to be a Naval code so shouldn't have an M prefix. 24032 was allocated to Bau Bataillon 57.

Thanks Gordon. The last one is very hard to read. It could be M24932.

Do you have a location for M45127. I believe that it's possibly Tech.Ausb.Gru.f.Front-U-Boote????

Thanks again.

Richard

Thanks Gordon. The last one is very hard to read. It could be M24932.

Do you have a location for M45127. I believe that it's possibly Tech.Ausb.Gru.f.Front-U-Boote????

Thanks again.

Richard

Richard,

24932 sounds much more like it

Mobilisation until Jan 1940 - FdU, then BdU

Jul 1941 - Feb 1942 - 2.Admiral d. U-Boote,

Feb 1943 - Aug 1943 - Kommandierender Admiral der U-Boote

45127 Oct 1940 - Feb 1941 -BdU

Feb 1941 - Jul 1941 -Ausbildungs-Gruppe U-Boote Horten

Jul 1941 - Feb 1942 -Ausbildungs-Gruppe Front (B.d.U.), Technische Ausbildungs-Gruppe f?r Front-U-Boote

Makes sense.

I found a couple more numbers I need help with M42766 in October 1943 and M108907 or M10890. I'm not even sure if the last one was a feldpost number. It's hand-written for a clothing requisition.

Thanks again Gordon.

Dick

Makes sense.

I found a couple more numbers I need help with M42766 in October 1943 and M108907 or M10890. I'm not even sure if the last one was a feldpost number. It's hand-written for a clothing requisition.

Thanks again Gordon.

Dick

The info I have only shows M42766 in use between Oct 40 and July 1941 , as follows

Oct 1940-Feb 1941 B.d.U.,

Feb 1941-Jul 1941 5. U-Flottille Command.

I don't thinkl the other is a Feldpost number, certainly doesn't correspond to any I've seen listed.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys !

The Norwegian KM magazine / book about KM Feldpost number are still available .

I ordered a copy , and got it Yesterday . ( the one showed in a post above I borowed from Nesredep )

If someone is interested in the "book" , send me a PM , and I will give You a emailadress here this can be ordered .

Price is NOK 150,- about ? 20 .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

Hi Guys !

The Norwegian KM magazine / book about KM Feldpost number are still available .

I ordered a copy , and got it Yesterday . ( the one showed in a post above I borowed from Nesredep )

If someone is interested in the "book" , send me a PM , and I will give You a emailadress here this can be ordered .

Price is NOK 150,- about ? 20 .

Jan Arne

Hello!

The book is great.I get my copy 2 years ago. :jumping:

All the best

Nesredep

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the location for the following feldpost number:

M31015

It's on a helmet I have. it's named to FK Gefr Hoffmann. Does any one know the meaning of "FK"

I also have a helmet marked O419/35k with name Lemcke. Any idea of the meaning of this number.

Frode

Does anyone know the location for the following feldpost number:

M31015

It's on a helmet I have. it's named to FK Gefr Hoffmann. Does any one know the meaning of "FK"

I also have a helmet marked O419/35k with name Lemcke. Any idea of the meaning of this number.

Frode

According to my brand new Feldpostnemmern book:

18.Vorposten-Flotille/Kdo.

Richard

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...