News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italy - Unknown medal (Ordine al Merito della Republica Italiana)

hello,

someone offered me a medal looking like this, supposedly Italian, however I have no idea what it is, maybe someone has an idea?

I have no picture of it bu made a simple sketch in paint, hope you don't mind my ''very artistic look-alike''.

it is a white cross with a golden star in the middle, a golden crown on top looking like a castle.and in each corner of the cross there is an eagle.

The ribbon is pink an turquoise?

does someone know what kind of medal this is?

maybe someone has a picture of it?

thank you for any information

kind regards,

Roeland

itacrosswo7.png

Edited by Roeland

Roeland,

The Italian Order of Merit was instituted on the 3rd. March1951. The order can be conferred on both men and women, italians and foreigners for services to the nation in the fields of science, leterature, art and trade, and for services in the promotion of public welfare and to social philanthropic or humanitarian undertakings. It can also be awarded for outstanding civil or military service.

The order has 5 classes,

Grand Cross.

Grand Officer.

Commander.

Officer,

Knight.

From your drawing I would guess that it is the 5th Class .

Hope this is of some help.

REgards,

Jim Morrison.

Hello,

thank you for the information, it is very helpfull.

actually someone offered a grand-cross, he only knew it was italian but nothing more, therefore I asked as I had no idea what it was, for all I know it could have been a Carnaval medal, so it's always better to find some information before you buy something.

kind regards,

Roeland

hello,

someone offered me a medal looking like this, supposedly Italian, however I have no idea what it is, maybe someone has an idea?

I have no picture of it bu made a simple sketch in paint, hope you don't mind my ''very artistic look-alike''.

it is a white cross with a golden star in the middle, a golden crown on top looking like a castle.and in each corner of the cross there is an eagle.

The ribbon is pink an turquoise?

does someone know what kind of medal this is?

maybe someone has a picture of it?

thank you for any information

kind regards,

Roeland

itacrosswo7.png

This thread may be of interest to you!

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17351

Regards,

Jim