News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

There seems to many variations to these badges and I know that they are highly faked.

I am trying to learn what type of pin set ups are the known originals and what type are the known fakes.

I have a couple of pics with what looks like the same badge but with differnt pin set ups and would appreciate any feed back regarding which set up is a known original.

From what I have seen many originals appear to have the double wire pin like the Weitze example shown.

Guest Rick Research

I've seen both types of pin and am not aware of any fakes.

These are quite common and until very recently weren't worth much-- not that that ever affects what does and doesn' get faked.

Hallo Gentlemen,

Must say I have to agree with Rick on these, I have seen both pin types, and slight variations in the

returning defeated soldier motiff, which I put down to Maker variation rather than any attempt at faking.

These were not officialy issued but, had to be purchased by the returned veterans from a veterans association.

:beer: Kevin in Deva.

Mine came boxed (just like the previous example), and has the double wire pin. Unfortunately, I don't have the miniature, but do have the documents (sorry to take this off-topic, but thought you might like to see them):

First, the letter from Gen-Maj Puder:

Next, the advertisement showing--as Kevin pointed out--the nominal cost of DM 6,75, marked by the checkmark in the lower right margin: :speechless1:

(sorry for the small size--I couldn't scale it larger to fit here)

Hallo Pete, :beer:

thanks for posting the link to this site, more repros to be added to the Repro / Fake folder.

In my opinion the German Field Honour Cross he has is a poor cast copy of the original, the soldier not being to well defined and to the rear the Maker info looks like a poor attempt at a copy, and the pin seems to be bent out of shape, but, probably good enough to fool a novice though! :angry:

Kevin in Deva :beer: