News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

People's Democratic Republic of Afghanistan: Khalq Medal

Megan

Thanks a lot, Dave. That confirms the suspicion that I had had that it is an Anghan analogue to something like the Soviet medals for Rescuing a Drowning Person or Bravery in Fire Fighting. A generic civil bravery award. And I'd be tempted to call it something like Civil Bravery Medal, and the use of the "Khalq" would place it tentatively in the 1978-80 period? How's that for a tattered working theory?

Thanks a lot, Dave. That confirms the suspicion that I had had that it is an Anghan analogue to something like the Soviet medals for Rescuing a Drowning Person or Bravery in Fire Fighting. A generic civil bravery award. And I'd be tempted to call it something like Civil Bravery Medal, and the use of the "Khalq" would place it tentatively in the 1978-80 period? How's that for a tattered working theory?

My understanding is that that particular coat of arms was only in use between 1978 and 1980.

Several German states had civil Lifesaving Medals with the motto "F?r Rettung aus Gefahr" or "for rescue from danger". That seems like it might be close.

Excellent.... that's about a month, isn't it? I'll be on holiday by then so you will probably hear the yells of glee clean across the 'pond' :D

Thank you, Ed.

Also like to add that the generous souls at CollectRussia.com & eMedals.ca have both given me full run at their online catalogue images... naturally acknowledgements will be appearing on appropriate places on my site, but I'm so delighted I shall shout about it here too!!!!