News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reichsverband ambulanter Gewerbetreibender Deutschlands (RAGD)

Nick Ambulanter would be ambulance driver or some such? I have never seen one of these before. I would guess an early badgebut I only guess. Thanks for showing it to us. Robert.

PS Has the red enamelling bled into the white or is it the scan?

Nice pin I never saw before.

Robert,

"ambulanter" is a false friend in that case,although high chance of the words origins somewhere in the care-taking sector.Here it is the association of Schausteller,Schauhandelsgewerbetreibende etc.-people that made a living of something best described by the Munich Oktoberfest:basically anybody doing business there is to be considered a ambulanter Gewerbetreibender,these were travelling salesmen doing business only at certain places like Volksfeste etc..

Thanks for that explanation of what the RAGD is, I was not sure if it had something to do with ambulances or patients, but that explains it. Thanks :cheers:

The pin is quite small and hard to get a good image of, but I will try and get a clearer version for the database.

Don I got it from DN for a reasonable price, so I thought it best not to pass up on. I will post some more goodies later.

Nick

Robert,

I used salesmen as a helping term,the difference between a true travelling salesman and our ambulanter Gewerbetreibender is that the salesman can travel and do business all around the country wherever he is at while the ambulante would only do business in rather fixed locations where masses of people would gather.It is some sort of specialiced travelling salesman :)