News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Here is the newest one in the family, a small bird has just landed.

This is the last subtype as produced by the famous company of C.E.Juncker. This is a Zink badge but with less finish as can be found on others => the swas is no longer worked out, the needle is Buntmetal but not silvered anymore, etc .... (this does point in a cheaper production wich was caused by a wartime economy).

This badge does still have its original finish and is actually very well preserved. Within the Juncker Glide rbadge we make the following distinction:

Type 1.1 : Buntmetal badges

Type 1.2 : Zink badges (cut out swas, etc ...)

Type 1.3 : ZInk badges (swas no longer cut out, etc ...)

This is the last type, enjoy the vieuw at a rare birdy :rolleyes:

Cordial greetings,

Hello John,

Thank you for the comment => indeed a sweet thing it is

Nope, this one was up for sale in the US, nobody snatched it up and the seller did even lower his price 3 times. At that point the price was so low (almost the half of nowadays market avlue) that i could no longer resist. Don't know why nobody did snatch it up? but that was al the more fun for me => know what you are after and opportunity's do come along for sure.

The condition is very good to say at least and it is a type that is not that much encountered on the market today.

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

Thank you Paul, much appreciated :cheers:

The Buntmetal needle is also a typical characteristic of these badges, i once tought with the first such badge i had in my hands that the silver was worn of. This was not correct, 2 other sisters of this one are known and all do have this feature => so i say the needle at this stage of time was no longered silvered (lower cost within the production run and also saving of materials that could be used in other needed wartime products.)

COrdial greetings + feel free to post sisters of this badge in this trhead :cheers: