News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Postal Cap Badge 1948-1956

Gents,

Here is one of two cap badges I picked up today. It is a cap badge for the Hungarian Postal Service and was worn from 1948 to 1956. This is the first one I have ever seen. Because of it's flimsy construction I doubt if many of these cap badges have survived in any condition let alone the very good condition of this one.

The badge is circular and constructed of three pieces of wool, in the Hungarian national colours of Red, White and Green, sewn together and then possibly glued to a piece of brown cavas like material before being attached to a piece paper for the final backing. The gold coloured metal horn and lightning bolts are sewn to the centre of the badge and you can see the red thread used on both the front and rear views of the badge. The holes where thread was used to sew the badge to the cap are readily visible in the rear view. I do not have a photo of the cap this badge was worn on nor do I know what it looked like.

Regards,

Gordon