News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I received this ribbon bar today and would like to know where the second ribbon from. I bought it because of the spange to the EKII. I believe this is a Luftwaffe bar because of the Luftwaffe Four Year Service bar.

Jim, the second ribbon is the Brunswick Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2nd class with the "Bew?hrungsabzeichen" (some kind of frontspange, if i remember correctly. Hope, someone will correct me, if i am wrong)

? think, it has good chances to be a good one. Can you show us the reverse?

best,

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

Yup, very nice half-height bar to a retread (E) officer who would have been a Major or Oberstleutnant in WW2.

The device-- the name of which cannot be translated into English, so let's just call it the Long Frontline Service Device--counted as a distinct decoration by itself. Many holders of the 1st Class pinback Ernst August Cross did not receive this. It is basically for 2 years service at the front, but since it was created in 1918 and required an individual award document, not many are seen.

This one is remarkably vulnerable, sticking out as it does on the top and bottom of this style ribbon bar.

A full sized LFLS Device was attached to the ribbon of the Ernst August Cross on medal bars.

Nice one. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Noooooo problems. Great officer's bar in an unusual style with a scarce WW1 award!

• 2 weeks later...

Noooooo problems. Great officer's bar in an unusual style with a scarce WW1 award!

I like that bar. I'm a big fan of the Brunswick Bew?hrungsabzeichen. :cheers:

I have a bar too that I'll dig out to show.