News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Corps of Engineers NCO visor cap

Interior has seen quite a bit of wear, maker is 'ALMI' of Rhein und Mosel. the diamond is about

half unstitched and has a crack through a bit of it, exterior was very, very dusty, but I like it ....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

The piping is definitely pink, no fading anywhere if the piping is pulled back to where the sun wouldn't get to,

I have seen a couple of other caps with this piping in books (Moran & Maguire's headgear book is one of them)

and they are referred to as Engineers, there would have had to have been some form of cadre personnel that

would be doing their everyday work in filing etc, but I can't find anything at all yet on them.

Regarding the cap itself, it nearly went back, but I have taken a punt on it, I must point out that Gene doesn't like this

one, but in fairness to the cap, I have also shown the photos of it to several others that are heavily into caps, (including

some of the moderators over on the WAF) and they have all given it a thumbs up as to being a period made item, so I am

continuing the quest on this one, I just can't give a definite answer at this stage.

Bob