News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Assistance/Opinions Requested on Condor Medal

Stu W

Hello Gentlemen,

This award is outside my area of study, till now, and I would appreciate comments on authenticity. I have been advised that the small "balloon" like feature at the 12 o'clock position is significant in that it places this as pre 45 and the 1st of 4 known patterns. Is this agreed upon generally throughout the hobby?

The ribbon passes the black light test, however I note that the ribbon ring is silver. Others I have viewed in pictures have a gold ribbon ring.

Feel free to offer even the most elementary of information as it will all be new to me and most appreciated.

Kind Regards to all,

Stu

Hello Gentlemen,

This award is outside my area of study, till now, and I would appreciate comments on authenticity. I have been advised that the small "balloon" like feature at the 12 o'clock position is significant in that it places this as pre 45 and the 1st of 4 known patterns. Is this agreed upon generally throughout the hobby?

The ribbon passes the black light test, however I note that the ribbon ring is silver. Others I have viewed in pictures have a gold ribbon ring.

Feel free to offer even the most elementary of information as it will all be new to me and most appreciated.

Kind Regards to all,

Stu

Hi! Splendid medal of Spanien!! I like it , too!! MINT collections :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Well that's interesting...the concern is the ribbon edge being white. So I went and got the ribbon out and examined it with a jewellers loop. I found that the edge is actually not white. It's red. I believe the edge color is meant to be black but a tiny strip of red is sticking out all along the way where the black failed to cover. When the light hits the edges the red appears white as it's only a few threads thick. I am going to post another picture in the hope of showing it.

Regards,

Stu

• 2 weeks later...