News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial 3rd Reich ribbon bar

Here's a ribbon bar I bought from a forum member a few years back. I forgot I had it and discovered it on a Reich Third tunic in my closet yesterday. I just bought a new bar for this tunic not knowing I already had this one. :blush:

Am I getting old? :(

I really can't tell if the Bavarian ribbon has swords that used to be silver or if they are brass. I assume this is a bar to a WW1 enlisted man or NCO recalled for service.

Rick L wil know..........

Guest Rick Research

Chances are he was a Leutnant dR in the First war and back as a Hauptmann dR in the Second.

Chances are he was a Leutnant dR in the First war and back as a Hauptmann dR in the Second.

I'll trade you for an all Imperial bar with a Thuringian order :unsure:

The Austrian Annexation Medal is a little unusual for a Leutnant dR, he might have been called-back earlier than most. Impossible to tell, but I'd say 50ish year-old Hauptmann d.R. in WWII is a good bet as well, *maybe* a Major. Nice bar.

Edited by Andwwils

Guest Rick Research

Are you kidding? Do you know how hard it is to get one past Christophe? :speechless1:

I have a few salted away in my Not Identified YET pile.

Just ONE? :rolleyes:

How about :unsure: The Full Monty? :catjava:

I believe Christophe was in surgery or something when that one came up.

And no, haven't been able to ID either one. :banger: I am hoping that the Schwarzburg rolls....

No Charles, not in your house, only here in France with others Thuringian ribbon bars. :rolleyes:

May be one day. I am a young man, I'm so patient :rolleyes:

Regards

Christophe

Christophe,

I''ve got a pocket full of money! :jumping: