News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I recently bought a group photo of some Germans as it had a couple of interesting points. NOTE: I can not get the entire photo small enough to post. I am sure someone will want to shoot me! It is dated 1914 and one German is wearing an EK2 ribbon on his tunic. There is a caption: I see flieger command but I think that is because I want to.

Here is the other interesting item. This gentleman seems to be Japanese to me. The tunic has a different number of buttons and they seem to be cloth covered. Anyone recognize the uniform?

Guest Rick Research

Etappen = lines of communication/supply behind the front, with a Kommandantur set up as a base. Mobile implies it MOVED as required, but aside from this being the 2nd one in XIth Army Corps control, not one clue WHERE it was.