News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I heard the other week that a fellow collector was giving up the hobby & had packed his entire collection ready to be sent to one of the big German dealers. I asked him if he would reconsider & managed to rescue his collection of tinnies & organisational badges/pins........

They arrived today, mainly KdF, DAF & NSBO, thought you'd like a look at them.

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don for sharing these. Always interested to see several for the first time.The NSBO tinnies are always worthwhile when you consider the activities of the organisation were short lived.

Andy

Congrats,Don! Seems like some very nice tinnies have fallen in your hands :P Whats the second to last in the first row for? Also first in the second row,all when starting left, is one I have not seen before? Looks like some nice KdF stuff among the lot!

Don, some nice tinnies! A couple of interesting Organizational badges also! I see you located another Volkmusik. An interesting DAF. I have seen the blue badge with the airplane before but the organization escapes me.

The State yacht badge is also a nice addition. Which one is it for?

What is the attachment assembly on the DAF tinnie, 2nd from left in the top row? Prong back?

Thanks for the look!

Congratulations,--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

Thank you Gentlemen.

Joe,

The blue badge is Betriebssportgemeinschaft adler. Adler were one of the car manufacturers I believe. The yacht badge is for MS Wilhelm Gustloff. The DAF tinnie you enquire about is more a plaque than badge, it seems to be a plate that was attached to the furniture issued to people who were resettled/re-homed, it has prongs on it's edge that were bent back so that the plate could be hammered into plece...... I'll scan it tomorrow.

Rosenberg,

Here you go.

Thanks Pete.

Here you go Joe.

From what I understand the DAF were also involved in the area of real estate "Siedlungshilfswerk" or "Wohnungshilfswerk" of the "Reichsheimst?ttenamt", so they built houses and complete villages (Germ. "Siedlungen" "D?rfer" & not only in the occupied terretories, but also in the Reich itself). These houses were sometimes fitted with these "Siedlerm?bel" if not, people could buy it. They were "practical and cheap for the German worker". The plate indicates that the furniture (tables, chairs etc.) were produced in regulations to the DAF. We had a similar system here in the UK during the war (& for many years after) it was known as a utility mark.

From what I understand these little plates are very hard to come by now.

If indeed it is what Don says it is, they probably are quite rare. The marked English utility furniture of that period has mostly decayed or been replaced by modern stuff, nobody would keep the plastic/bakelite( in our cases), labels from the furniture when they were upgrading ther homes. I only know of a few pieces in homes of friends who accidently have this type of furniture. It is very utiitarian i.e pretty ugly.

Regards,

Pete

Edited by wood

Many thanks Don. Quite interesting and pretty sure a first time see for me. I have a nagging feeling I have seen something somewhere with Hausrat on it. :unsure:

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe