News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Yugoslavian Collection

Dear Dan,

congratulations to your fast growing YU-collection :cheers: .

Your new Partisan Star is an extremly nice example of YU-made one - I only have Soviet-made ones in my collection :( .

And your "Orden Rada" is a real beauty :love: .

Prices are still rather low for YU-items, so go on with collecting :D .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Dear Dan,

congratulations to your fast growing YU-collection :cheers: .

Your new Partisan Star is an extremly nice example of YU-made one - I only have Soviet-made ones in my collection :( .

And your "Orden Rada" is a real beauty :love: .

Prices are still rather low for YU-items, so go on with collecting :D .

Christian

Hi Christian,

Many thanks my friend! Little by little it'll get where I'd like it to be. :beer: I can't wait to get a Soviet made Partisan Star and the next in the Labor series.

Dan :cheers:

Lieber Stefan,

yes, of course, also the IKOM-Partisan-Star is made of silver and you can see the "Punzierungen" on Dan's scan :D .

Christian

Hi Christian,

Mucho thanks for answering on this one. :beer: I did want to ask... by "Punzierungen" I take it you mean those small stamps on the back... I'm assuming they are silver marks then? I can try to get better scans of them if that would help.

Glad to see the collection coming together Dan :jumping:

Order of Victory

Hi Vic,

My friend, I literally could not have done it without you. As you know the vast majority was obtained by you and passed along. And that makes it all the more important to me. :jumping::jumping: Many thanks!!!! :beer:

Hi Christian,

Mucho thanks for answering on this one. :beer: I did want to ask... by "Punzierungen" I take it you mean those small stamps on the back... I'm assuming they are silver marks then? I can try to get better scans of them if that would help.

Dear Dan,

that's right, "Punzierung" means in German the 2 small stamps on the rv.

YU-made awards in pure silver always have the silver marks, but no Soviet-made award had any of these. Silver - or gold - marks had not been common in the Soviet Union.

Christian

Dear Dan,

that's right, "Punzierung" means in German the 2 small stamps on the rv.

YU-made awards in pure silver always have the silver marks, but no Soviet-made award had any of these. Silver - or gold - marks had not been common in the Soviet Union.

Christian

Hi Christian,

Many thanks! It was a term I'd not heard before and I tried looking it up without any luck. Funny enough I hadn't even noticed them until I did the scans. It's amazing how often that happens with me. I guess my eyesight is getting worse than I thought! :P

But they sure are pretty and I think as with OGPW and RS's that I'm hooked on these. Dying to get a Soviet made example but think whenever I can I'll try to pick them up regardless and start another herd. :lol:

I'm sure as with OGPW and such... if you put them in a box (as Gerd says) they'll breed. :beer:

• 3 months later...
    • 1 year later...

Keep on going, Dan. :cheers:

Oh definitely! :jumping::jumping: I'm now on the lookout for an Order of Labor 1st class at a good price. Also for a case for my 2nd plus ribbon bar and mini for it and a mini for my 3rd. And of course a case, ribbon bar and mini for my Labor medal. Always something to go after. Also would love a few more of the orders but the Labors are one of my two favorites.

It may take a long while but I won't give up looking. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...