News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It's a fencing club pin. Don't remember the details, but I'm sure another member can fill you in.

The word "fechten" in this case does not mean "to fence", it is "to beg".

The award was given from the "Deutsche Krieger-Fechtanstalt" which was kind of a welfare/charity organization.

Edited by militaria0815

Yours is the badge for the "rank" of Oberfechtmeister and it is the 2nd lowest of 9 different awards. The "rank" Oberfechtmeister (and the silver cross) was awarded for a total of 50 Reichsmark which had been collected. The highest medal was awarded for a total collected sum of money of 100.000 Reichsmark or more!

The Krieger-Fechtanstalt was found in 1884, the money went to orphanages where children of KIA soldiers lived.

• 1 month later...

Hallo --dj--Joe :cheers:

Not wanting to wander to far off the subject in question,I am still inclined to think this item has connections with the Freemasons, the handshake symbol appears on many French medals and badges attributed to Charity work carried out by the Freemasons in France. The symbol pictured below, I understand is more often encounted when thinking of the Freemasons, this one's on a building in Kempten in the Allg?u region of Bavaria.

Perhaps some of our French / German members could shed some light onto this insignia with the handshake??

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva