News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Bill- is that Sal's scan, which for some strange reason he hasn't got posted directly?

It is Identity Photo for

(Guards) Major Fedor Borisovich Novikov, certified by Staff Commander of what I think from the abbreviation is 19th Guards Mechanized Regiment ( a clear LARGE photo of just the stamp right side up would help enormously-- there are apparently battle honors through in there which are masked by the handwriting and as is can't read that small), Gds Lt Col Pavlov.

Major Novikov is wearing an Order of the Red Star which is probably for 15 years service, over his Guards badge. On the left his three ribboned medals are Military Merit Medal (for 10 years service probably), Victory Over Germany, and 1948 Armed Forces jubilee. No date on here, so could be any time from 1948 to 1958 but I'd suspect closer to 1950 than later.

Particularly nice sharp photography. These are often wretched quality. Thisone is nice! :beer:

What were these for exactly Ricky?

I don't know what happened with the pic I posted like I usually do and it came out that way???? Thanks for attaching it right Bill.

Well I got this little feller cheap and basically got it for you or Gerd depending on whos Soviet collecting field it fits in best. So you two need to let me know. Let the catfight begin!! :lol::rolleyes: