News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:speechless1:

The postman delivered a small collection of German Photos from WW1 today, I just love theese! :love:

But only one got a name on it, Emil Frenzel !!

After searching Rankliste of 1913 I found only one Frenzel and that was Lt dr Frenzel Gardes Rgt 1 zu Fuss

And I know this is a longshot but 1: Is he wearing a Gardesuniform?

2: Does anyone know anything about this Lt Emil Frenzel ?

He must have been drafted in 1914, the text on back says March 23th 1914 and the Photo is taken in D?sseldorf which matches

the city of Altenburg noted in the Rankliste .

I suppose there little chance to find something with this little information but I thought it was such a nice pic and would love to

know something about this Lt !

All the best from Sweden

Christer

Hello Christer, the Rank on the picture is that of a Vize-Feldwebel or Feldwebel and it appears he has the volunteer Paspel around the shoulder boards.

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Hello Christer, the Rank on the picture is that of a Vize-Feldwebel or Feldwebel and it appears he has the volunteer Paspel around the shoulder boards.

Hardy

Ouch !

Thanks Naxos, Then I am wrong with Lt dr Frenzel , If he have been Lt in 1913 he wouldnt send a photo with Fw in 1914 I suppose :unsure:

But is it a Gardes uniform he wearing? Now I have to find a Emil Frenzel rank Vzfw or Fw in 1914 puhhh, life is hard to us collectors

Chris

Guest Rick Research

He is very definitely in a Guards uniform. One Year Volunteer straps with that rank means he is a RESERVE OFFICER CANDIDATE Vizefeldwebel.

Probably Lt dR after the war started 1914/15. The pre-war 1 GRzF Frenzel was killed in action on the Narev River 26 July 1915 in 1st Guards Reserve Infantry Regiment. There is no other war dead GUARDS Frenzel so if he survived to be commissioned, Emil survived the war.

Guys,

These are not one year volunteer boards. They are Schutztruppen shoulder straps. If my eyes are not failing me, I think the buttons have the Kaiser crown on them. No guard infantry tunic would be this light color anyway. Is this picture dated?

Chip

Guest Rick Research

Ahhh. All I see are silvery-blurs. :beer:

Like these?

So then, a career NCO and not an officer candidate.

German East Africa then-- white colony color.

Rick,

Those would be the buttons. The tunic would be a mouse gray color and the straps like this,

Hi Chip, Rick !

The Photo is dated 23 Th March 1914 and the buttons is just as in Ricks pic!

So this is a Feldwebel or Vzfw on his way to East Africa? Wow , is the any chance to find out anything about him?

Emil Frenzel , fighting in East Africa :violent: ???

Thank you all so far, from Garde to Africa , the search goes in strange directions!

Christer

Hi Chip, Rick !

The Photo is dated 23 Th March 1914 and the buttons is just as in Ricks pic!

So this is a Feldwebel or Vzfw on his way to East Africa? Wow , is the any chance to find out anything about him?

Emil Frenzel , fighting in East Africa :violent: ???

Thank you all so far, from Garde to Africa , the search goes in strange directions!

Christer

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

I GOT HIM !!!!

Feldwebel Emil Frenzel was one of the last 155 Germas to surrender in 1918 with Lettow-Vorbeck !!

I found this pic and my man is number 8 from left in front row, he made it to Feldwebel after all..

:cheers:

Sometimes the unbelivable is happening! Of all the hundreds of photos I got , this was a real Thriller !!

Now I must get some more info about theese German POWs !

Christer