News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

3 Reich 2 Medal Spange.

Hallo Gents, :cheers:

recently I attended the Militaria Fair at Reichertshoffen, very high prices and quite a few fake pices seen, I did not by any 3 Reich pieces there, but a week later I was at an open air flohmakt in Senden, near Ulm, Bavaria.

It was the usual mix of old but good condition household items, some military equipment pieces, but on the way out I just happened to asked a guy if he had anything in the way of medals and he produced this set from inside his car:

As the price was way below what was asked at Reichertshoffen, for similar, I took them, and welcome any opinions.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Perfect set! :cheers:

So, what-- you go around hissing "Pssst, hey Meester-- :unsure: you got any 'Nazi' stuff?" :cheeky:

Actually Ricky, I ask have they "etwas mit b?se abzeichen" in my Transylvanian lisp, by the way you might find the picture of the Hungarian soldier interesting, I did, but had no way to bring it back though :(

I also picked up this from the same guy as the medals:

Silk-Screen printed and original as I blacklighted it.

Kevin in Deva, :cheers:

Very nice set of LS medals! Congrats! Which one is the Hungarian Soldier? The one with the Austrian medal Bar?

I cannot see the collar tab on the SS trooper. What legion tab was that?

Paul

Hallo Paul, :beer:

Yes the larger picture is of the Austro-Hungarian soldier of WW1 period.

I believe its the Edelweiss collar tab for:

87th SS Foot Regiment (Innsbruck).

According to: Uniforms of the SS by Andrew Mollo, page 42 & 43.

also: Page 38 & 39:

Commissioned ranks on the staff of the Ss sub-district XXXVI. Leaders with the rank of SS-Standartf?hrer and above wore the edelwiess on the armbage on the lower sleeve.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hi Kev, Looking at the remains of white fabric inside your armband, it may well be that originally it was for the reserve SA (white band top and bottom of a standard armband)

Regards, Pete

Hallo Pete :cheers:

If I may be so bold to venture my opinion with regards the white edges, the armband appears to be cotton, I think at first the red was silk-screened onto the material, followed by the white circle, then black swastika, the rough edges were turned over and sewn to form a neat edge, and then it was machine joined in the middle, with a zig-zag stich.

The armband measures:

Height 10,5 cm X 54 cm diameter, the inner seam is 12mm in size, the diameter of the circle is 83mm. The outside edge of the swastika arms is 30mm, the inside edge is 20mm.The material shows signs of being held in place on the sleeve by pinning, there is also some well rubbed in grime consistent with the item being worn and in contact with the body of a jacket or shirt.

I will not be tempted to wash it :P

Kevin in Deva :beer:

• 3 months later...

Fleamarkets may not be as dependable or have as much selection as at militaria shows, but sometimes you can get VERY lucky if you keep your eyes open. Small town fleamarkets are the best (many around here in Southern BC, Canada) as not as many fakes have flooded the smaller places I find as compared to Vancouver or Calgary. Many vets of all countries retire here and fleamarkets always have something to pick up. Nice finds!

Pat

Great to see some quality pieces from Kevin. Taking a leaf out of his book. Yesterday I took a stroll down to my local fleamarket in Kempten, Bavaria and turned up some WW2 militaria. A Panzer Assault Badge - 4 Tinnies - square WW1 Lundendorf spende tinnie - a Munich exhibition tinnie - and 2 (I think ) gymnasitic tinnies, although they do have the Sonnen - rad symbol on them, which i've seen on the end of grip of luftwaffe daggers. Any explaination of the symbol would be welcome. Finally a mint condition virgin Photoalbum (no photos) from 2nd Company Gebirges Artillery Regiment 79 from Garmish - Parkenkirchen. A dream day down the market, unfortunately all too rare, I'm expecting quite a few blank days. But do take a look. Regards Alec