News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Awards to Colonel Apis (Dragutin Dmitrijevic)

I am reading Russian historical novel about Russian Imperial officer who was involved in some events which took place on Balkans in the beginning of the 20th century.

One of the characters in the book was young Serbian officer Dragutin Dmitrijevic (aka Apis). The book sparked my interest in him and after searching the web it turns out he was real person and the novel had quite accurate account of his deeds.

Briefly, he was one of the main drivers of de-throning of Obrenovich dynasty in 1903, ater Apis became a Colonel and a mastermind of Serbian intelligence service. He was also a notable member of Serbian Black Hand organisation, which was behind several assasination attempts on high ranking Austro-Hungarian officials and eventually culminated in assasination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914 in Sarayevo, which essentially started WWI in Europe.

I was able to find two really bad pictures of Col Apis in which he wears some awards. Does anyone know which awards were bestowed on him? Judging from his important role in Serbial politics, I would assume his list of awards must have been quite impressive.

Also, does anyone have better pics of Colonel Apis?

Here's Wiki link about Apis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragutin_Dimitrijevic

Best regards,

William

Edited by new world

Hello William

I think that I have found something for you, please have a look at ebay under 200162999386 . :unsure:

Just in case if you go for the bid, I know the seller and he is OK, so bid with confidence.

Regards

Milan

Milan,

Many thanks!

It looks like interesting book, but unfortunately I don't read French :(

There's large photo of Apis, in which we wears only three medals. Is that all he was awarded? For the person of his power I would expect to see more...

William