News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Collectors Friend ,

I have findi this order in a veteran family of italian" Savoia " Cavalry Regiment officer .

The number engraved is is 2449 ,

I think is a war booty because I've found in the same home many russian sabres , it is possible to obtain the name of this awarded russian hero ?

Forgive my poor english and greetings from Rome.

Militalian.

Front decoration

Rear decoration

Dear Luigi,

that should be no problem at all, to get your "Bogdan 3cl" researched :D .

At least 3 well known experts of Soviet Awards offer such services: Gregory, Alexei and Eugene.

They can provide all papers, records, award cards from the hughe Red Army archive in Podolsk near Moscow and you will know exactly, who got the order for which deed and what had been his military career.

The costs for such research are pretty low, but it can take some time ... If the original owner of your order had been in the ranks of the NKVD (the later KGB), a research might not be possible, because the archives of these services are still closed :( .

The fact is, that a researched order of that high-end category will rise in value quite a lot - specially if the citation or the owner is rather interesting.

Best regards from Vienna :beer:

Christian

Dear Collectors Friend ,

I have findi this order in a veteran family of italian" Savoia " Cavalry Regiment officer .

The number engraved is is 2449 ,

I think is a war booty because I've found in the same home many russian sabres , it is possible to obtain the name of this awarded russian hero ?

Forgive my poor english and greetings from Rome.

Militalian.

Front decoration

Rear decoration

Guest Rick Research

I have not yet used Alexei's research service, but he is a great person to deal with--

http://home.netcom.com/~merezhko/research.html

:cheers:

You want to ask for

1) the Awards Record Card: this confirms the serial number to the recipient and all his other Orders

2) the citation for the award

If you do not want to ask for the complete officer personnel file, the two above will still provide most of the information on the award.

Yet, if you goal is resale -- as I think it is -- getting full research will increase the item's value more than you have to invest.

Eppure, se si obiettivo ? di rivendita -- come credo che sia -- ottenere la piena ricerca aumenter? il valore della voce pi? che avete a investire.

Ci chiediamo: che senso?

You're probably right about that Christian. Just like Ed I was thinking about asking all the four above to research a few awards, just to compare them. From another topic I got the impression that Alexei was really fast so that made me wondering if they're using different archive contacts.

Auke