News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two WW2 period pictures

Hi all,

I got yesterday on the regular market some pictures. I dont collect pictures but I liked them, so I bought few.

When someone have any ideas about the uniforms, who they are, etc, it would be great :jumping: . This one helmet looks old WW1 period M16 model to me. Also what Luft. truck it is in the next picture?

I got two interesting pictures from WW1 period as well, so please have a look under that section :cheers: .

02965309f88e46_o.jpg

02965313ce88ed_o.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Too small and blurry to tell if any of those generals is wearing Wehrmacht long service awards, to date this before or after 1 October 1936, but I suspect before that from the Party functionary's uniform.

Little guy out front is Hans Halm (1879-1957), General der Flieger 1.10.35 and Commander of Luftkreis IV (M?nster) 1.3.35-31.3.38. Since he's in front, presumably Top Dog on his turf there, somewhere.

Hi,

Thanks Rick for the information :jumping::jumping: . Its always help a lot!

Paul R - No, they are not downloaded directly. I dont know how to do it but I can try after work.

Sambolini - I was thinking exactly same :cheers: ..... nice medalbars what would be great to see in my small collection :cheeky::cheeky::love::beer: but anyway.. I think I did right decision to get those pictures from the market and I will go and try to look today a little bit more because there was lots of trash in the boxes, where they was and I didnt had much time to look.

Today diging result is here:

Any comment and info would be very nice, because I dont know almost anything :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Picture 1 Zeppelin????

02973625617052_o.jpg

Picture 2 Crashed Junkers -52

029736295231b7_l.jpg

Picture 3 Panzer guy with ......

029736319430d6_o.jpg

Picture 4 Some guys again

029736334e72d4_o.jpg

Picture 5 Officers

02973635553773_l.jpg

Picture 6 Commander?

02973637582048_l.jpg

Most of them are for trade or who really badly nead them...

Hi Noor,

You asked about the truck in the photos. The one in posts 1 and 11 is a Mercedes-Benz LG63/LG3000, a fairly common Wehrmacht truck (but very rare in terms of surviving examples today) and the one in Post 8 is a captured British Bedford OX 1.5 ton light truck, many of which were pressed into service by the Germans.

And today as well I got in the market some pictures.

Agen, any info and comments would be great :jumping: .

Picture 7

02993951f8cc70_l.jpg

Picture 8

02993965867c6d_l.jpg

Per Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, Vol 1, page 579-580:

There were two divisions of the Home Defense AntiAircraft Artillery

1. Home Flak Batteries

2. Alarm Flak Batteries

These men seem to be members of the "Home Flak Batteries".

This organization consisted of civilian personnel. Men eligible were born between the years of 1883 and 1925. Many members were either unfit for military duties or worked in critical civilian jobs. These men were issued the LW fliegerbluse, collar liner, long trousers, greatcoat,lace up boots, a one piece protective suit, and an ID tag.

The fliegerbluse and greatcoat were both void of any insignia and shoulder straps. These uniforms had to be from used stocks. The "Deutche Wehrmacht" or "Deutche Luftwaffe" was to be worn on the upper left sleeve.

Just for reference, the Alarm Flak Batteries were manned completely by Heer, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, or SS crews assigned to Homefront billets. All members and officials up to and including the rank of Major were obligated to duty. These men wore their uniforms(even officials) with a protective suit and helmet. It was common to have AAA Crews that consisted solely of officers and officials!

The photos look like they are in some sort of training environment.