News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here for your perusal, is my complete flight helmet. It's a little scuffed around the ear cones but is complete. The throat mike strap is secured with a single, large pop-stud as opposed to the smaller 2 pop-stud type.

It's standard dark-brown in colour.

One day I hope to add the summer version and netted version.

Rich

• 3 months later...

Nesredep

That one seems to be in very good condition! :love:

I have seen a few with that type of webbed-strap for the throat mikes and others with just the leather staps and pop-studs. Is this type as shown a later variation?

Quite often the netted flight helmets have very short cables (like this one). Does anyone know why?

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Nice stuff, Rich there was a fairly good discussion a while back regarding the short leads on those helmets, I have one

exactly the same as the one posted, some seem to think they are a postwar modified helmet for use in early jets used

by Soviet pact countries after the war, and the hunt for photos of them in use with the short leads during WW2 continues,

I think there was photos of a pilot in a Bf 110 wearing one that may have had a short lead, but was not clear enough

to be absolutely sure, maybe Jos would lile to comment, this is his area of expertise. (or Francois)..

It seems that the majority of them that turn up on the collector market all have short leads.

Bob

Nice stuff, Rich there was a fairly good discussion a while back regarding the short leads on those helmets, I have one

exactly the same as the one posted, some seem to think they are a postwar modified helmet for use in early jets used

by Soviet pact countries after the war, and the hunt for photos of them in use with the short leads during WW2 continues,

I think there was photos of a pilot in a Bf 110 wearing one that may have had a short lead, but was not clear enough

to be absolutely sure, maybe Jos would lile to comment, this is his area of expertise. (or Francois)..

It seems that the majority of them that turn up on the collector market all have short leads.

Bob

Hello!

My brother was a big Lw collector,and he told this is good.I have seen a lot of piriod Photos of this helmet.( Der Adler).

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

videotstitle0ch5frame77jl8.png

Hi Gents,

The WAF Equipment forum has just posted this photo (courtesy of Petr from Europe, showing some GI's examining a flight helmet

with the short cable which they have found in a V1 manned flying bomb. I hope it is ok to post the photo here as well, the thread

for this on the WAF, and the Bf 110 photo that I mentioned earlier is also on that thread if anyone wants to see it, but the 110

photo isn't too conclusive, as Jos points out, the lead may be wound behind the pilots back in that photo, but this one would

appear to clinch it that they did indeed exist during WW2...

Bob

videotstitle0ch5frame77jl8.png

Hi Gents,

The WAF Equipment forum has just posted this photo (courtesy of Petr from Europe, showing some GI's examining a flight helmet

with the short cable which they have found in a V1 manned flying bomb. I hope it is ok to post the photo here as well, the thread

for this on the WAF, and the Bf 110 photo that I mentioned earlier is also on that thread if anyone wants to see it, but the 110

photo isn't too conclusive, as Jos points out, the lead may be wound behind the pilots back in that photo, but this one would

appear to clinch it that they did indeed exist during WW2...

Bob

Hello!

Now we