News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Soviet (Russian) Naval Badge

I picked this up this morning at my local millitaria dealer :D Its celebrating the 60th Anniversary of something Naval but not sure what any help would be appriciated ;)

BTW its a heavy brass ovelaid with metal and enamale, it has a screw back but the screw plate does not have any markings exept for a double circle with kind of Mercades symbol in it :unsure:

Order of Victory

The text 'VVMU RE IM. A.S. POPOVA' stands for 'Vyssheye voyenno-morskoye uchilishche radioelektroniki im. A.S. Popova', or 'Higher Naval School for Radio-Electronics in the name of A.S. Popova'.

Thank you Ferdinand :cheers:

I wonder is A.S Popova the same person A.S Popov who the day of the radio is celebrated for :unsure:

In 1945 a state holiday, the Day of Radio, was established. It was decided to celebrate it annually on the 7th of May. The government has decreed to install monuments and memorial plaques devoted to the inventor of radio, to institute a badge ?Honorable Radio Operator? and the gold medal named after A. Popov. The medal is awarded by the Academy of Sciences to famous scientific researchers and inventors in the radio engineering field.

The museum exposition tells the visitors much about Popov?s achievements and the significance of his works. Some educational institutions, research institutes, museums, ships and streets are named after Popov to commemorate the prominent Russian scholar. A special stand is devoted to 19 winners of the gold medal named after A. Popov.

Order of Victory