News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Many of you are very knowledgeable on the matter of what members of certain regiments were likely to be awarded because of Regiments HQ location, Colonel-in-Chef, Royal members, and combat assignments.

Would someone tell me the most likely awards that are probable to the following Regiments? I understand they are likely to receive units from their Kingdom or Duchy but all the other awards are unknown to me.

Prussian LGR8 officer (LT)

Saxon LGR100 NCO

Baden Dragoon Rgt 22 officer (1LT)

Prussian Husar Rgt 12 officer (LT)

Prussian General Staff Officer (Mjr)

Hessian Inf Rgt 116 (F/LT)

Guest Rick Research

The only one of these which I have seen any "awards advantage" from affiliation with a Royal was Hussar Rgt 12--

2 regimental commanders reeceived White Falcon Commanders X

1 field officer received a Knight 1st X

67 officers recieved a Knight 2nd X

3 senior NCOs got Gold Merit Crosses X

5 NCOs received Gold General Decoration Medals with that freakish framed X bar

and

155 junior NCOs received the Silver General Decoration Medal with framed Xs

(I don't have the Bronze Gen Dec Roll for privates)

You can never generalize about General Staff officers. For one thing, they moved around more than regimental officers. And ALL headquarters types tended to accumulate awards undreamt of by trench dwellers.

The only one of these which I have seen any "awards advantage" from affiliation with a Royal was Hussar Rgt 12--

2 regimental commanders reeceived White Falcon Commanders X

1 field officer received a Knight 1st X

67 officers recieved a Knight 2nd X

3 senior NCOs got Gold Merit Crosses X

5 NCOs received Gold General Decoration Medals with that freakish framed X bar

and

155 junior NCOs received the Silver General Decoration Medal with framed Xs

(I don't have the Bronze Gen Dec Roll for privates)

You can never generalize about General Staff officers. For one thing, they moved around more than regimental officers. And ALL headquarters types tended to accumulate awards undreamt of by trench dwellers.

Thanks Rick, what was the connection to Saxe-Weimar, Chef of Regiment or a royal serving in the unit?

Thanks Rick, what was the connection to Saxe-Weimar, Chef of Regiment or a royal serving in the unit?

3. Badisches Dragoner-Regiment Prinz Karl Nr. 22 was part of 221. Infanterie-Brigade as was F?silier-Regiment Nr. (Hannoversches)73. and Infanterie-Regiment Hamburg (2. Hanseatisches) Nr. 76. Would this improve the chances of an officer from the 22nd Dragoner Rgt receiving an award from other states?

Edited by ccj

Guest Rick Research

I'm at a complete loss as to what that wearer thought :banger: he was doing. On a four ribbon bar with this combination, there was no 1914-18 award on an Iron Cross ribbon that had JUST swords like this (though sometimes this was INTENDED to indicate a Hohenzollern House Order), nor was there ANY wartime Waldeck award that had Xs and CROWN. :speechless1: That makes identifying the ACTUAL awards impossible which makes identifying the original wearer impossible. :(

Since there were only 2 Squadrons of Baden cavalry in the 11th Division with Infantry Regiment "Hamburg," while it was entirely possible that those Badeners got a Hanseatic Cross, there were so few involved that, regimentally, odds are low. Five officers total at any given time, maybe?

I'm at a complete loss as to what that wearer thought :banger: he was doing. On a four ribbon bar with this combination, there was no 1914-18 award on an Iron Cross ribbon that had JUST swords like this (though sometimes this was INTENDED to indicate a Hohenzollern House Order), nor was there ANY wartime Waldeck award that had Xs and CROWN. :speechless1: That makes identifying the ACTUAL awards impossible which makes identifying the original wearer impossible. :(

Since there were only 2 Squadrons of Baden cavalry in the 11th Division with Infantry Regiment "Hamburg," while it was entirely possible that those Badeners got a Hanseatic Cross, there were so few involved that, regimentally, odds are low. Five officers total at any given time, maybe?

This bar is odd. I bought it from Detlev in a group of ribbon bars years ago and its definitely real. I wonder if its early or late war to have only crossed swords. I don't know all of the Waldeck orders and decorations so I wouldn't know what a crown would represent. I have seen crown and swords on a White Falcon ribbon and don't understand because all classes had crown.