News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aviation Sutterlin Scribble Help!

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

I am posting this for old slowpoke Evil Ricky, who's got such a backlog of scanned-not-posted this might not see the light of day for weeks!

The initial of the Count is driving me crazy, because I can't make ANYTHING out of the rest of the name as a ressult. I thought I had gone through every possible scribble intepretation, but I'v struck out.

What is the Count's last name?

[attachmentid=10556]

"Graf v ....ensbroech s/l Wirth." Wirth was apparently his NCO pilot. The central device from observers' badges is beautiully inlaid enamel, with the cigarette case 900 maker hallmarked silver. The marks are on the inside rim and can't open it enough to scan.

Guest Rick Research

YES!!! jumping.gifjumping.gifjumping.gif

Sometimes it takes two sets of eyes and two brains...

OK, blush.gif one brain that works! cheers.gif

Now it will be up to Evil Ricky's Aerodrome pals to find WHICh one flew--

I find K?rassier Regiment 4 Lothar Graf von und zu Hoensbroech, born in Den Haag, Netherlands 29 April 1880

Leutnant 18.10.02 E

Oberleutnant 18.10.11 A5a

Rittmeister 8.11.14 K12k

and aD in that rank, which means he resigned before the 1920 demob. An early career Knight of the Catholic Malta Order, as was

Ferdinand Graf von und zu Hoensbroech of Husaren Regiment 8

Leutnant 18.8.05 X5x

Oberleutnant would have been on or about 5.8.14

Rittmeister 18.8.15 B8b

and also aD in that rank, whch means he bailed out early too, ORRR

same regiment, baby brother (?)

Paulus Graf von und zu Hoensbroech, whose HR 8 Lt Patent date I haven't found yet.

beer.gif Thanks from both Rickies, Glenn!

Presumably not Ferdinand Graf von und zu Hoensbroech of Husaren Regiment 8 as this officer was the squadron commander of 1./Reserve-Husaren-Regiment Nr. 5 by 1916.

Paulus had a Patent of 1.8.14.

There was also at least one other reserve Leutnant Graf von und zu Hoensbroech in H.R. 8

Regards

Glenn

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, sometimes the Aerodrome guys actually stoop to come here :D . I have Ltn. Paulus Graf von und zu Hoensbroech (O) and Vzfw. Wirth (P), as being with AFP 13 in June 1917. which tells me nothing about which front unit they may have been assigned to. BUT, it is Paulus. R.