News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BC on a Field Uniform

Knarf

Hello,

in 1998 I have met two young Soviet soldiers in a forrest in GDR. Their faces looked a bit smashed. I do not speak Russian but I found out that they wanted to have civilian clothes. I took them to my car and gave them what they needed from my suitcase. They got changed within seconds and run away after I gave them 20 Marks (West).The uniforms they left. When I had a look at these uniforms this morning I found out that there are large stamps on the leftside leg and on the back of the jackets. The stamps show star, hammer and sickle and the letters BC which obviously does not mean invasion army for British Columbia.

Any idea what it can be? Unfortunately I cannot post pictures because it does not work no matter what I try.

Thank you

Frank

Hello,

in 1998 I have met two young Soviet soldiers in a forrest in GDR.

The GDR ceased to exist in 1990 and Soviet (Russian) soldiers went back to Russia in 1994. What were they doing in East Germany with Soviet cloths in 1998? :unsure:

Edited by Bryan

Thank you very much for the information. Ihave been in the camps a lot of times. I have not seen clothes with such a large stamp on a place where it was to bee seen at first sight. Is it possible that it was for prison use ?

regards

Frank

Is not present if these clothes were with signs on distinction. Such stamps put on all military subjects. However it is good see this stamp. All this was for a long time, however I think, that you have made not a correct act. The soldier thrown the uniform to a bowl of all is the criminal. Most likely these people had problems with the law. Thank God, that all has ended well.

Thank you very much for the information. Ihave been in the camps a lot of times. I have not seen clothes with such a large stamp on a place where it was to bee seen at first sight. Is it possible that it was for prison use ?

regards

Frank

That had been my thought (absolute guess) as well. Is there any chance of a photo?

Sergey,

I know that it might not have been correct. But: 1. I did not know wether they had a weapon or not.

2. I was the only person around (alone and they were two trained soldiers) 3. it was a military area ( I had permission to be there but nobody knew that exept the CO) 4. I did not speak their language .

I do not know wether you know the live of a normal soldier in GDR in 1989. Some very bad things happened.

I still think that my reaction was correct in this case.

I will try my best to post photographs. (I will ask my son to do it on the weekend because with computers I am an idiot)

regards

Frank

Guest Rick Research

Maybe that was "interior service"-- "V/S" for "Vnutrenniye Sluzhba" is what was used by the Soviet prison system.

Here is a Prison Lt Colonel with the "B/C" branch after his rank on his "Excellent Jailer" badge--

Sergey,

I know that it might not have been correct. But: 1. I did not know wether they had a weapon or not.

2. I was the only person around (alone and they were two trained soldiers) 3. it was a military area ( I had permission to be there but nobody knew that exept the CO) 4. I did not speak their language .

I do not know wether you know the live of a normal soldier in GDR in 1989. Some very bad things happened.

I still think that my reaction was correct in this case.

I will try my best to post photographs. (I will ask my son to do it on the weekend because with computers I am an idiot)

regards

Frank

Hi Frank,

I do not condemn you. I wished to tell, that it is a dangerous act. However probably you were are right .

• 2 months later...

I have found a photo of a stamp. It it.

Correct ! It is the same stamp. Exactly the same size. :jumping:

Unfortunately my uniform is in an exhibition at the moment and it was to far to go there to take a photo.

Regarda

Frank :cheers:

I think that the were prisoners. I have never seen somebody wearing a stamped field uniform. On the mentioned Uniforms there is nothing on the shoulder boards. Everybody else had CA on red boards. When I met these people the did not look very good. They wanted to have civilian clothes and something to eat.

regards

Frank

I think that the were prisoners. I have never seen somebody wearing a stamped field uniform. On the mentioned Uniforms there is nothing on the shoulder boards. Everybody else had CA on red boards. When I met these people the did not look very good. They wanted to have civilian clothes and something to eat.

regards

Frank

There is no it not so. Prisoners have no form with a stamp of army