News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Mongolian collection

Hauptmann

Hi all,

Well, not so much a collection... yet! :blush: But hoping I'll be able to start adding pieces over time. So in that spirit... here's my one and only Mongolian piece in the hope that it'll get things moving:

I've loved Mongolian awards for quite some time. Beautiful enamels and terrific designs. :jumping: Sadly prices went up before I could dig in... but I'm still looking for deals and as I say hoping to continue to add to this thread over time.

And yes, I plan to buy Dr. Battushig's book as soon as I can. :D

Welcome to a new addiction! As you say, and as you know, things have changed so quickly that there isn't much to find. Bbut between Igor's and Alexei's limited stocks and a few things on e$cam, you should be bale to find some things.

And you MUST get Battushig's book. Before too long, it will become very hard to find.

Welcome to a new addiction! As you say, and as you know, things have changed so quickly that there isn't much to find. Bbut between Igor's and Alexei's limited stocks and a few things on e$cam, you should be bale to find some things.

And you MUST get Battushig's book. Before too long, it will become very hard to find.

Many thanks Ed! :jumping::cheers: And yes, hoping a few goodies will turn up. I figure I may not end up with a huge Mongolian collection but if I can manage to get those pieces that appeal to me the most then I'll be in good shape. And definitely going for the book asap. So much to learn but that's what I thrive on. I'd much rather read a good militaria (or other hobby) reference than a good novel. And the references I tend to read over and over and over again. :D More bang for the buck for sure! :P

Again many thanks for the great welcome. Here's hoping I'll have something new to add before too terribly long, including "the book". :beer:

Dan :cheers: