News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just picked up the attached do not know if it is rare, gives photos and war service, if anyone has the medals or paybooks happy to supply a copy of the page, seasons greetings to all and thanks for all the help research over the past year, Paul

Just picked up the attached do not know if it is rare, gives photos and war service, if anyone has the medals or paybooks happy to supply a copy of the page, seasons greetings to all and thanks for all the help research over the past year, Paul

That IS a very interesting find!!!! :speechless1::cheers: Especially because it lists ALL wartime awards! :beer:

This seems to be an album printed privately in small numbers for the 1906 crew. Can you make out whether this is part of a series? Are there any more details about publisher, year, etc., exact title?

And is there a page about "Siegfried Tschirch"?

Regards

Chris

That IS a very interesting find!!!! :speechless1::cheers: Especially because it lists ALL wartime awards! :beer:

This seems to be an album printed privately in small numbers for the 1906 crew. Can you make out whether this is part of a series? Are there any more details about publisher, year, etc., exact title?

And is there a page about "Siegfried Tschirch"?

Regards

Chris

Chris, made by L.HANDORFF,KIEL, No other details........but

Guest Rick Research

TERRIFIC find! :jumping: Congratulations! :cheers:

It's interesting that G?rtner claimed to have received the first EK2 of the war in the navy since he went back into the Wehrmacht in the Luftwaffe, and came out of WW2 as an Oberst aD!!!

TERRIFIC find! :jumping: Congratulations! :cheers:

It's interesting that G?rtner claimed to have received the first EK2 of the war in the navy since he went back into the Wehrmacht in the Luftwaffe, and came out of WW2 as an Oberst aD!!!

Thanks Rick, came with the soldbuchs and bits already listed directly from Germany, see what comes from the source, Paul

63 pages double sided with photos of all bar one, no index but lists on one page KIA, just found a date October 1921

The most important piece of information from this album would be the WW1 awards. I wonder if there is a way this information could be "extracted", so that we can compare the awards to the respective entries in the 1918 ranklist.

Guest Rick Research

NO foreign awards were listed, of course, but in just the two examples shown the Hanseatics weren't listed either.

A sad sad drawback to the February 1918 Navy Rank List is that I have found awards in Urkunden groups from a year and a half earlier STILL NOT LISTED. :banger:

Officers who went into the Reichsmarine are no problem, since their awards ARE shown in those Rank Lists (except for the Finnish ones :speechless: ).

But every member of this Crew who left the navy in 1919/20...

I have never seen any other source that would give their awards.

This would be aa very nice book to have scanned/copied and sell those copies. :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that there were more books in this series. I have found books for Crews 1905, 1907, 1912, 1913 and 1914, and I guess that there were even more, probably for each year. They are however hard to get.