News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting group of the awards.

Guest Rick Research

The Red Cross Decoration Model 1937-39 was awarded by the rank/status of the recipient--

which indicates that this person was no higher than a Captain at that time.

There are no long service awards from the Nazi Party-- so either this autumn/winter of 1939 medal bar was never updated in February 1940 or...

this person did not qualify for the NSDAP long service crosses.

It is very frustrating to have the exact number of awards for the Olympics Decoration and the Danzig Cross and yet to my knowledge, the actual award rolls for these awards are destroyed or lost.

Do you know what color the cloth backing on the medal bar is? that MIGHT help if it matches a uniform color--

but I think this belonged to a mid-level post-1933 Nazi, probably around the status of a Major or so during the war. From the Austrian, Czech with Prague, and Memel medals, and the Olympics Decoration, I think you are quite correct and this was someone who was on Hitler's personal staff, traveling in his entourage. Maybe some Dr.ing. or Dr.phil. with a Nazi title.

• 2 years later...