News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LC ring+case

MasterBo

• Replies 62
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should post close ups of mm of all the crosses and catch/hinge details etc on all the crosses. I see some irregularities.

Are there any marks in the rings?

best, Sal

"Are there any marks in the rings? "

Hello, which crosses do you mean?

Edited by MasterBo

"Are there any marks in the rings? "

Hello, which crosses do you mean?

Hi,

These rings were made by jewelers, and I guess you could find some marks as silver content, or official silver/gold stamping. Concerning the design, the quality depends on the jeweler, some are sharper than other.

the KIA is OK and retains all the expected details; nevertheless it uses an uncommon spanish style clasp for such a cross, which could have been added by the recipient. Don't forget that a member of the family was awarded that cross, and that the family also received the other medals posthumously attributed, among them the spanish decorations which have such clasp. What is sure is that the cross was not delivered with such clasp. to you know the owner ?

bronze cross show a nice early Juncker CEJ.

I found the pin of the silver cross marked "4" and the L/13 a bit strange , but may be it is only the picture. Could you make better pics?

The gold & bronze classes are still missing to complete your set :rolleyes:

jacques

Masterbo,

your bronze L/13 looks strange. The obverse shows all the expexted details, but the reverse is a mix between L/13 details (pin form, MM) and the early manufacture with coat of arms (hook). Normaly on L/13 we find a tiny round hook.

jacques

Sorry comrades, i will make more pictures in a day or two, thank you all for comments. And Happy New Year.

As for receipient of a next of kin cross i dont have any info, the cross was bought off Helmut Weitze.

The "4" cross looks axactly as the one Jacques have posted here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8641 Post# 6

Edited by MasterBo