News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My First New Group in Two Years

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a long time because, with prices as they have been, I haven't added to the collection. This changed a couple of weeks ago when I found a nice little group containing Red Star 1371393 and Red Banner 359294 at a good old days price. The book is dated October 13, 1945 and the first award is the Red Star. Both awards and the book are mint. Everything about this group says long service to me. Before I research it, what do you guys think?

All the best,

Doug

Guest Rick Research

Probably. Or... possibly? I have NOTHING on what would be about May 1945 long service Red Stars-- there may have been such a mass of them the previous November that afterwards there were only a random few handed out individually and not in another mass Ukaz?

Same uncertainty with a Red Banner in that range. Just above that number is a mass long service bunch from 15.11.50... but there are HIGHER numbers just below yours that appear to be from a similar large bestowal on 17.5.51.

You'd "have" to get the 1945 Red Star researched. :beer: I'm presuming that vintage still has a November 1944 style citation write-up in justification just like a "for something" award, while the Red Banner, if long service, is probably only his name and rank in an alphabetical list. His service record will give you that with more data for the money. :rolleyes: