News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

opinions wanted....

EuRob

Hi, There are many postings on this forum about these, many collectors go for the fancy enamelled pieces made by people like Godet & Son of Berlin, BB & Co, (Which I believe was actually an American company)etc as these are quite attractive. These are of course not "Official" Turkish awards but privately made and purchased items, often called "Officer Quality" which is quite incorrect, they were just more popular with German recipients as they were more attractive to wear than the official original turkish pieces which resembled Pot metal castings with red painted obverses.

It all depends on your point of view, do you collect the original Turkish examples or the privately purchased German made jewellery?, these were after all made at the time for actual recipients to wear and not fakes in that sense, If you follow the various threads, opinions do differ.

regards

Alex

Saw this and would welcome opinions

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=006

Happy New Year to all!! :cheers:

I think that one looks ok with a less common pin system although this does not look straight which seems unusual. I think the price reflects the current "market prices" although I agree that prices are going up. I only have BB+Co examples in my collection and am also looking for more unusual stars.

Health, wealth and happiness to all at GMIC.

Especially Mike 'Doc' Riley, Dave Danner and Alex K and anyone else with medical problems to overcome.

Following on from the thread posted by Kevin, attached my Godet & Son made piece, sadly damaged

regards

Alex