News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Standard Bearer, Yea or Nae?

Happy New Year Gentlemen,

A friend sent this to me for varification. I have never seen one before, so I thought I would run it past the talking heads. Please let me know your opinions and the reasons why. Please post pictures of real ones if you have them for comparison.

Happy Holidays & Thanks,

Vince

standardbearerxe3.th.jpg

shield2fr4.th.jpg

shield3ea1.th.jpg

shield4jc0.th.jpg

shield5lk4.th.jpg

shield6en9.th.jpg

Hi Gene,

Not worth writing an answer like that unless you educate someone as to why.

Thanks,

Vince

Hi Vince,

Gene does know his stuff when it comes to Luftwaffe tunics and insignia. I have only seen one LW Standart bearer patch, so I cannot comment.

Hi Gene,

It is great to see you around again. What are traits to look for in determining a reproduction Standard Bearer's Patch?

Detail. Just like everything else there is a certain symmetry to be found in German stuff, even if it looks crappy it could very well be original. This piece is just too sloppy when compared to an original.

Hi Vince,

I agree with Gene on this one. I have had the opportunity to handle 3 of these (Signal, Flight, Flak - there is also one for the HG Div) and the detail and workmanship on the real ones is phenomanal. Since you are a tab guy like me I guess the best analogy is to think of a real high quality pair of collar tabs to a cheap set off of ebay.

Prices on these are in the low 4 figures...or whatever one is willing to pay.

If you need pictures Brian Maederer has 3 on his site including the HG one.

Gary B

Hi Vince,

I agree with Gene on this one. I have had the opportunity to handle 3 of these (Signal, Flight, Flak - there is also one for the HG Div) and the detail and workmanship on the real ones is phenomanal. Since you are a tab guy like me I guess the best analogy is to think of a real high quality pair of collar tabs to a cheap set off of ebay.

Prices on these are in the low 4 figures...or whatever one is willing to pay.

If you need pictures Brian Maederer has 3 on his site including the HG one.

Gary B

Thank you Sir!

Vince