News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I tried to monkey with the photos to see if we could get the decorations any larger and more recognizable, but I'm not sure how much good it did.

I may be wrong, but I believe the bottom cross on the fellow on the right is the sewn-on cloth Ritterkreuz of the Johanniter Order.

a1vb9.jpg

I tried to monkey with the photos to see if we could get the decorations any larger and more recognizable, but I'm not sure how much good it did.

I may be wrong, but I believe the bottom cross on the fellow on the right is the sewn-on cloth Ritterkreuz of the Johanniter Order.

a1vb9.jpg

I think you are right about that one. What are the other two breast orders. The one on the left loos like a Wurttemberg Crown Order.

I think you are right about that one. What are the other two breast orders. The one on the left loos like a Wurttemberg Crown Order.

It may be, but to my eyes there seems to be more going on between the arms of the cross than just swords and I can't seem to find a picture that matches it. It may just be shadows, but it looks like there is something else between the arms.

It may be, but to my eyes there seems to be more going on between the arms of the cross than just swords and I can't seem to find a picture that matches it. It may just be shadows, but it looks like there is something else between the arms.

Yeah, you are right about it being busy between the arms. I wish someone had better photos of these men

We're lucky here, because I've got a slightly better pic of this man. He's wearing the Reuss 2nd classX. Here's the close-up.

I think the awards on his bar are:

EK2, RAO3, PrKO3, DSWA, China medal (?), XXV (?), HSHX (??), Meiningen (??), but here I'm already lost.

Edited by webr55

Yes, I'm with Web55, that's the F?rstlich Reussisches Ehrenkreuz. I suspected that one at first, but after looking at some pictures on line, I just didn't think it looked right to be the Reuss cross, but now seeing this other photo, I believe that's it. That might lead me to believe that the pin-back cross on his chest is the Offizierkreuz of the F?rstlich Reussisches Ehrenkreuz.

Edited by Mike Dwyer

The shape of the pinback is not Reuss. I think that is rather the Honor Cross of the W?rttemberg Crown Order.

I think you are correct. I guess it's safe to say he has an EK1 that he chose not to wear on this day! :unsure:

Can you receive such awards without having earned the EK1 along them way?

BTW, who is he?

Edited by ccj