News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mikhail Diomidovich Sanikadze

Record card

1. Last name: (SANIKADZE) SANIKIDZE

2. First, middle names: Mikhail Diomidovich

3. Military rank: Red Army man

4. Sex: Male

5. Year of birth: 1925

6. Place of birth:

7. Party membership since: Non- party

8. Education:

9. Nationality: Georgian

10. In the Red Army since:

11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied when awarded: 1367th rifle regiment, 514th rifle division - rifleman

12. Current place of service and position:

13. Home address of the awardee: Georgian SSR, Vansky district, Kirovo village

14. Previous awards

Names of orders, medals Their numbers Document numbers Ground for award

Checked

For Courage medal 1009474 Perm./certif., B-221224 Order to 1367th rifle regiment, section of Primorskaya Army No 015/N of June 28, 1944

?For the fights with German invaders?

CITATION

ORDER No 015/N

to the 1367th Sevastopol rifle regiment, 414th Anapa holding the Order of the Red Banner rifle division

July 28, 1944 Acting Army

In the name of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the Soviet Union, awarded are:

WITH THE MEDAL FOR COURAGE

35. SANIKIDZE Mikhail Diomidovich, rifleman of the 6th rifle company - Red Army man, for being in the fights in the region of place Bezymyanny among the first reached the fence wires and made the passageway through the minefield in the firing enemy line.

Born in 1925, Georgian, non-party member, in the Red Army was drafted by Vansky district military commissariat, Georgian SSR in January 22, 1943. Home address: Georgian SSR, Vansky district, Kirovo village, father Diomid Petrovich. Earlier was not awarded.

Commander of the 1367th Sevastopol rifle regiment

Lieutenant Colonel (signed) /Kantariya/

Chief of Staff (signed) /Davituliani/

Written in three copies

Copy #1 ? to the Supreme Council of the Soviet Union

Copy #2 ? to Central personnel administration of People Defense Commissariat

Copy #3 ? to be filed in 1367th Sevastopol rifle regiment

June 29, 1944

The order is checked by:

Head of the personnel department of 414th Anapa

Holding the order of the Red Banner rifle division

Major of executive department /Latyshev/

July, 1944

The order is checked by:

Registration Chief of Staff Assistant,

1367th Sevastopol rifle regiment

Captain (signed) /Veykbaum/

June 29 1944

The order is checked by:

Head of personnel department of 414th rifle division

Major of executive department (signed) /??? shev/

September 5, 1944

The order is checked:

Head of the personnel department of

55th rifle corps

Lieutenant Colonel (signed) /Avdeev/

September 11, 1944

Head of the personnel department

Section of Primorskoy Army

Colonel (Zhdanov) Signed

November 11, 1944

Guest Rick Research

Excellent citation! (Glad I didn't have to try working it out! :speechless1::cheers: )

Post the Awards Record Card and will see about filling in those skipped over lines for you.

Excellent citation! (Glad I didn't have to try working it out! :speechless1::cheers: )

Post the Awards Record Card and will see about filling in those skipped over lines for you.

Rick,

This is all I received from Gregory. :unsure: I'll contact him about the Award Card.

:beer: Doc

Guest Rick Research

Yes, the horrid wartime one. You didn't get a post-war one with his medals on it too? I assumed so from the numbered lines, which don't appear that way on the yucky wartime ones.

Yes, the horrid wartime one. You didn't get a post-war one with his medals on it too? I assumed so from the numbered lines, which don't appear that way on the yucky wartime ones.

Right . . . interesting point.

The translation must be based on something other than this.

Maybe the translation of the wartime ARC was filled in in the format of a post-war ARC? The translation doesn't contain information we can't find in the wartime ARC, and the stamp ?For the fights with German invaders? never appears in post-war ARC's.

Edited by Ferdinand

Guest Rick Research

Ah. I've never had translation done for me, so never got anything back "pre-packaged" on a generic translation form.

Rick and Ed,

Thanks for the help!!! I didn't get a post-war record card. I'll try to get it.

:unsure: Doc

My guess is that he has a translation Word template for the record card into which he fits the normal (long) and the abnormal (wartime, short and nasty) information whether it fits or not. The elegance of things like his service rceord translations suggests a good bit of pre-preperation. He just needs another template.