News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

He never wore a ribbon bar in order to distance himself from having been a lowly Bavarian ranker.

The EK1 was universally recognized at a "Reichs" rather than provincial level, regardless of the wearer's former status.

The fewer people at the time who thought "there goes Corporal Hitler" watching him in the newsreels, the better.

I just read a interesting article.(at least to me)From what I read he got the BMVK 3 class with swords on may 9,1918.My question is;he also got the medal of miltary services 3 class

on 25.8.1918.,.Was there a reason he did not have a ribbon bar.He wore his 1st class with pride.

http://www.humanitas-international.org/sho...ts/autolett.htm

mfg Scott

AH probably only wore his EK1 and WB because they showed his combat bravery. He didn't seem to be really into medals for himself or he could have worn ribbons from Italy, German Reich and Party awards, WWI awards, and probably ribbons from many other country's that honored him with orders.

I guess nobody really would know.

Hello Everyone,

For what it's worth.

When I was a youth I was told that AH didn't wear a lot of his awards because he wanted to distance himself from the old Imperial "thinking" but continued to wear the Iron Cross to stay in touch with the military machine. Considering the direction everything was going in the late 1920s and early 1930s it was a good idea to keep on the good side of the miliitary. This I was told by a former German soldier. I'm not sure of the accuracy of this information as the fellow who told me this would have been greatly influenced by the propaganda of the time. It could also have been the product of soldier gossip, so-to-speak.

I was thinking while reading the earlier posts that AH would have presented quite the picture for riducle if he had decided to wear all of the awards he could have worn. He would have looked a lot like some of the North Korean generals pictured elsewhere on the GMIC.

:cheers: Cheers

Brian

Hallo Gents :beer:

A. H. was officially awarded the following:

EKI, citation July 31st 1918 signed by Baron von Godin. Awarded August 1918

EKII, first proposed in Messines, then again at Wytschaete by Lieutenant Colonel Engleheart.

Bavarian MVC III Class with swords. September 1917.

Bavarian 9 years Service Medal, August 1918.

Prussian Black Wound Badge.

May 1918 the "List" Regimental Diploma awarded.

From the book: "The Life And Death of ADOLF HITLER" by ROBERT PAYNE.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva