News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi gents,

here is my new (old) member of the family "Lippe-Detmold House-Order".

It?s a House-Order Lippe-Detmold 3th class (since 1887 4th class) with chiffre LA.

This type is the oldest type of the house-order of Lippe-Detmold and was awarded between 1869-1889.

With the change of the statutes in 1887 the former 3th class became the 4th class (same style).

The house-orders with chiffre LA (L for Leopold from Lippe-Detmold and A for Adolph from Schaumburg-Lippe) were spent by

both principalities (Detmold and Schaumburg) before their dispute about the crown (of Lippe-Detmold) and quite hard to find. :speechless1:

My order seems to be a GODET-piece, who produced the 3th class (between 1869-1887), but I?m not sure about that.

The later awards (=4th class) were made by Carl B?sch, Hannover (between 1887-1889).

The size of the original ribbon is exactly one inch (1 Zoll), which fits to the 3th class, the ribbon of the later 4th class was 1,18 inch (3 cm).

...and here are the three brothers together:

on the left:

HO 3th class (later 4th class) in original case, awarded between 1869-1889

in the middle:

HO 4th class division A in original case, awarded between 1890-1918

on the right:

HO 4th class division B (civil-cross) in original case, awarded between 1907-1918

Nice family, aren?t they?

Best regards

Roman