News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

St?bgen received the Order of the White Falcon-Knight 2nd Class X quite early-- 67th on the "Prussian" list of 1914 awards, as Lt dR in HR 12.

St?bgen received the Order of the White Falcon-Knight 2nd Class X quite early-- 67th on the "Prussian" list of 1914 awards, as Lt dR in HR 12.

Hi Rick,

strange. I have St?bgen being commissioned into J?ger-Regiment zu Pferde Nr. 6 as a Leutnant der Reserve on 26.2.15. He was transfered to the corps of Reserve Officers of Husaren-Regiment Nr. 12 effective 8 May 1915.

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

Sorry. Clumsy fingers typing after too much shovelling snow yesterday. It was indeed 1915 and not 1914. That's what happens between brain and keyboard. :rolleyes:

Charles, this is from Malte Znaniecki's excellent site:

Husaren-Regiment Nr.12

K?niglich Preu?isches Th?ringisches Husaren-Regiment Nr.12

(8.Kav.-Brig./8.Inf.-Div./IV.Armeek.)

>8.Kav.-Brig./2.Kav.-Div./H.K.K.2.<

Standort:

Garnison bzw. Aufstellungsort: Torgau (aufgest. 30.7.1791 in Radeberg, Bischofswerda, Hoyerswerda, K?nigsbr?ck, Ruhland)

Regiments-Kommandeur: Oberstleutnant Freiherr von Ledebur (ab 16.6.1911)

Regiments-Kommandeur: ... Mumm von Schwarzenstein (ab 4.5.1915)

Leutnant Freiherr von Schlotheim

Husaren-Regiment Nr.12

(8.Kav.-Brig./8.Inf.-Div./IV.Armeek.)

>8.Kav.-Brig./2.Kav.-Div./H.K.K.2.<

http://www.1914-18.info/erster-weltkrieg.p...p;s=torgau#goto

Regards, Hardy

Edited by Naxos

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

Bump. What are you looking for, Charles? The book version is easier to read than the real Roll, eh? :catjava:

Bump. What are you looking for, Charles? The book version is easier to raed than the real Roll, eh? :catjava:

HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS SEARCHING STUBGEN AT THIS VERY MOMENT ABOUT TO ADD TO THIS THREAD? :speechless1:

I'm trying to find out the awards of this man thinking he may have received a EK2 and a Saxe Ernestine

Guest Rick Research

I'm psychic. :catjava: He HAD to have had at LEAST an EK2, but did not get an Ernestine.

What have you actually GOT of his?

Ahhhhh! :love::love::cheers:

So, does a TWO ribbon bar fit snugly there?

No loops for pinback awards?

No loops, I don't think he won the EKI unless he stopped wearing this tunic or was transferred to another unit. This tunic is super clean. I have this bar pinned on and gave it much thought and several looks before doing so. There's a small spot that looks like a ribbon bar pin once rested but I can't see the other spot anywhere.

I don't see any ribbons in the photo of him.

Leutnant dR St?bgen

Th?ringisches Husaren-Regiment Nr.12

Hausorden der Wachsamkeit order vom weissen Falken ritterkreuz 2 klasse mit schwertern 1915

I SEE IT IN MY BRAND NEW BOOK. I can read it unlike the scribble in the hand written entry you posted.

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, he could have put it away for the duration/fancy dress occasions only and worn a M1915 blouse for every day duty-- especially if he ended up in an infantry unit as many cavalry officers did.

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

The wretched Prussians virtually never listed first names, :speechless: and it does not appear on his GSF3bX entry, above. :banger: