News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Edged Weapon Collection

Thank you all for your warm reception into this great forum. Here is my collection of bladed weapons.

Thank you all for looking!

This NSKK dagger was given to me by a co-worker. His wife did not like it in the house!!!

First off let me say you have a decent blade collection going!Looking good! love.gif

As for the W,I'm not sure what it means.I don't have a reference book on German fighting knives yet,but hope to soon.

Thanks for your compliment Rick!

It would be interesting to find out what it is...

Best regards

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Rob.

The LW Sword was bought from a member of another forum. It was brought back by his uncle. He wrote up the story of how it was aquired and also provided a post war photo of his uncle. I will place a scan of the letter with the name of the seller blotted out. It is a very interesting story all around.

Even though the sword is engraved with the original owner's name, I do not know how to (or if it is possible) to research it.

I will post the letter here within the next week.

Best regards

Paul

As promised... here is the letter that accompanied the sword. I feel very confident in this piece as the person I bought from is a long time collector(knows what this stuff is worth. He collects personality SS items) that sold it to me for far less than the sword is worth...even without the history.

There was a photo of his uncle that I have as well.

IMHO, this group has as much US historical relevance as German.

Edited by Paul Reck

• 1 month later...

Maker mark? What does the "W" mean?

Hi Paul,

I think it's a personal mark( just my opinion), not a maker mark. If you see, it's not stamped, but engraced. Anyway, a great item and a great collection!

Congratulations,

Otto :cheers:

Edited by Rendsburg

• 6 months later...

Here is my contribution to this area...

What is your take on the LW sword? Also, has anyone seen the "W" maker mark like the one seen on the fighting knife? Also, is the knife a Heer or Luftwaffe type?

Regards

Paul