News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Infamous Wehrmacht "breakdance" picture

Hi board!

I am not quite sure if this is "serious" enough. I don't want to trespass on your patience, but this (altered) fotography has been circulating the internet for several months. Are there enough details to localize it in time and space? I am simply curious how much can be deduced from this funny little picture. And how much "life" can be brought to the soldier, who is the 1940ies version of the "Star Wars Kid".

"Hammerzeit"

Regards

Patrick

Hallo Einbauschrank :cheers:

Seeing as you claim this photo has been altered, then you might have considered posting it in the Lounge section, till its authenticity could be proved or disproved as the case may be:

My version has been in my reference files section from when it appeared on an ebay auction well over a year ago 2006

Perhaps you will tell us why you think its been altered, an not a period original.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Guest Darrell

Perhaps you will tell us why you think its been altered, an not a period original.

My thoughts too. Looks like the guy could have just slipped on the ice, giving the impression he was in a Breakdancing pose.

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: 3 seconds later, all of them were in up to their noses! :speechless1:

Having grown up in a swamp with river on three sides, I learned very young:

never concentrate WEIGHT on ice going "snick crickle crink!" :shame:

BTW it's not "Wehrmacht" -- they are POLIZEI.

Hallo Gents, :cheers:

I too believe it to be an original*, some of the scratch marks on the ice would be consistent

with the steel heel piece on his boots!!

Any idea what the guy on the left of the picture is holding??

* CAPTION: Hans!, Knees! and Bumpsadaisy!!! Gott im Himmel!! :lol:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Kev-- were you never in a 1950s night club? Left's got a part-time job as the "cigars, cigarettes, cigarellos?" girl with the tray of 'baccy products hung around his neck. :rolleyes: .

Kev-- were you never in a 1950s night club? Left's got a part-time job as the "cigars, cigarettes, cigarellos?" girl with the tray of 'baccy products hung around his neck. :rolleyes: .

Errr... no Ricky, speaking as one with great respect for the aged,:lol:

as in August 1958, I was just born, and I don't think they let a kid in a diaper through the cat flap :catjava:

Kevin in Deva :cheeky:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

They are splendidly outfitted in the uniform really only in general issue around 1938, with double decal helmets... and not a single decoration in sight.

Steel helmets and rifle cartridge pouches with this level of nice clean gear, I'd think sometime fairly early in the war, and possibly in an occupied territory safe enough that they're horsing around on a pond in full view of the locals with their weapons :unsure: nowhere in sight.

Or maybe they were just DUMB... like all standing together in the middle of cracking ice? :rolleyes::cheeky: .

• 4 weeks later...