News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Parade helmet made from EREL

EREL leather stamp.

Thanks !

I have never seen anything like it. It looks like the emblems from one of those tropical pith helmets.

I thought that the parade helmets used the standard Decals and the only real difference is that the helmet itself was made of a lighter material such as aluminum.

I am no expert, I am only going off what I have read and seen in the past. Maybe someone with more insight can step in with some clarification.

Best regards

Paul

The helmet itself is fine - it looks to be a fiberhelm by the looks of it. As for the shields, they, too could be original, but of course it would be impossible to tell when they were attached. There is photographic evidence of shields being worn on paradehelms - I think there is a famous photo of Rommel with one...

Don

The helmet itself is fine - it looks to be a fiberhelm by the looks of it.? As for the shields, they, too could be original, but of course it would be impossible to tell when they were attached.? There is photographic evidence of shields being worn on paradehelms - I think there is a famous photo of Rommel with one...

Don

Rommel... that would be something if it was... unsure.gif

How is the shield attached? Are there prongs that go through the fiber shell? If so, can you post a photo of this(if it is even possible with the liner present).

Best regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

Guest Chris Stewart

The helmet itself is fine - it looks to be a fiberhelm by the looks of it.  As for the shields, they, too could be original, but of course it would be impossible to tell when they were attached.  There is photographic evidence of shields being worn on paradehelms - I think there is a famous photo of Rommel with one...

Don

I've also seen some period photos of this, but have never seen one in person. I'd be cautious, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of it being original.

Gentlemen,

thanks for the help on this item.

The decal is glued ? and also pinned through the shell.

I?m not sure about this helmet. They are scarce. I found just a few pics in Baer?s book.

I prefer to pass on it. Why ? First, I do prefer combat `have been there?helmets. This one is everything, but not a combat helmet.

Additionally this item is questionable. If you have to resell it sometimes, there will always be a discussion with a potential buyer. Thanks again !

Regards;

Flyingdutchman

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

As already said I passed on this helmet.

I did a little research because I was very curious about these kind of Vulkanfieber helmets.

I found out that the fire department of the former east German ?Democratic?Republic (GDR - DDR) used this kind of helmets in the 50?s...

It seems to me that surviving examples got new feldgrau painting and decals...

I add a pic from a friend of mine from one of this gdr helmets.

All the best;

Flyingdutchman