News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Border Guard badge help

Guest Rick Research

I've never seen that one before. What's the back look like?

It says, reading the scroll down the left across the bottom and up right--

"Graduate of the 'MVPKKU' (((U being S-chool but God knows what the other FIVE initials are for!!))) of the KGB of the USSR 'in the name of Mossovet' 1967-1977."

It is obviously for Border Guards.

I've never seen that one before. What's the back look like?

It says, reading the scroll down the left across the bottom and up right--

"Graduate of the 'MVPKKU' (((U being S-chool but God knows what the other FIVE initials are for!!))) of the KGB of the USSR 'in the name of Mossovet' 1967-1977."

It is obviously for Border Guards.

That site may be of interest http://www.awards-orel.ru/pogran.html

Marc

Sorry, having a "senior moment" here. I know I know (knew?) what this is and know I have seen it somewhere, but can't locate the totally forgotten reference.

Help?!?!

Thanks in advance.

Ed,

That's a :love: BEAUTIFUL :love: Badge!!! Where do you find these gems?

:beer: Doc

Yes, if I could read Russian, it might be of use.

Ed,

Here is a translation of a similar badge from the website that Marc just posted:

Anniversary sign of Ry2; 30 years of release.

I battalion MVPKKU THE KGB OF THE USSR.

Sign is prepared in the honor of the 30- anniversary of the release of the first battalion of the Moscow highest boundary red banner command school THE KGB OF THE USSR in 1976.

Sign is the silvery panel, in center of which superimposed the image of the boundary red- green post, in upper part of which is placed the golden coat of arms OF THE USSR. In the lower part of the post of Ry2; inscription "30 YEARS". Boundary post is framed by golden Lavrov- oak poluvenkom, interwoven green tape with the golden inscriptions: "1972", "MVPPKU THE I BATTALION THE KGB OF THE USSR", "1976".

Sign is prepared during April 2006.

Ed,

Here is a translation of a similar badge from the website that Marc just posted:

Anniversary sign of Ry2; 30 years of release.

I battalion MVPKKU THE KGB OF THE USSR.

Sign is prepared in the honor of the 30- anniversary of the release of the first battalion of the Moscow highest boundary red banner command school THE KGB OF THE USSR in 1976.

Sign is the silvery panel, in center of which superimposed the image of the boundary red- green post, in upper part of which is placed the golden coat of arms OF THE USSR. In the lower part of the post of Ry2; inscription "30 YEARS". Boundary post is framed by golden Lavrov- oak poluvenkom, interwoven green tape with the golden inscriptions: "1972", "MVPPKU THE I BATTALION THE KGB OF THE USSR", "1976".

Sign is prepared during April 2006.

I forgot to post the 30 year Border Guard Badge.