News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Uniform of the officer of VVS. The fiftieth years

Sergei,

I simply love those M55/58 parade uniforms. They were simply class!

By the way, your cap is missing the wings on the crown.

Marc

Hi Marc,

thanks. I see it. I bought this complete set in family of the veteran .Probably after some time, I change that.

Guest Rick Research

Maybe there were no wings on the cap if he was not flight-qualified?

Here are a couple of Senior Lieutenants with their own ideas about which way to point the branch insignia on their collars:

A.A. Vedetschnin of Unit 94014 on 20 March 1957:

G.A. Boichuk of Unit 27882 on 15 November 1958:

Nice uniform. Thanks, Sergey.

It is also good to see the photos, Rick. Thanks. So often, so many seem to believe that the regulations were regulation and that the uniforms were uniform and that any different from the published rules is a fake.

Sergey,

That's a GREAT looking Parade Uniform!!! I do have a question for anyone with the 58 regulations. Does that dagger hanger go with the Colonel's Parade uniform?

:beer: Doc

Hi

In this case it is half-its late belt. My bad English does not allow me correctly all to tell. In the literature on the Soviet uniform it is set an example. It tells, that the officer dagger for pilots and a land forces put on only on parade in the city of Moscow and Leningrad.I read, that the officer dagger should is dressed from above tunic. However the form tunic was another a-straight line. After one of parades of a rule of carrying have been changed.

Sergei,

I simply love those M55/58 parade uniforms. They were simply class!

By the way, your cap is missing the wings on the crown.

Marc

:jumping:

Mark, has just now seen. It is a photo from parade in Kiev. One of officers in same as at me to a peak-cap

Nice uniform. Thanks, Sergey.

It is also good to see the photos, Rick. Thanks. So often, so many seem to believe that the regulations were regulation and that the uniforms were uniform and that any different from the published rules is a fake.

Hi :beer:

I think the best proof of your words the photo is earlier.

Hi

In this case it is half-its late belt. My bad English does not allow me correctly all to tell. In the literature on the Soviet uniform it is set an example. It tells, that the officer dagger for pilots and a land forces put on only on parade in the city of Moscow and Leningrad.I read, that the officer dagger should is dressed from above tunic. However the form tunic was another a-straight line. After one of parades of a rule of carrying have been changed.

Sergey,

THANK YOU for the explanation and the pictures!!! It really helps me understand the Soviet uniform regulations.

:beer: Doc

• 6 months later...

I very much love subjects of the Soviet aircraft. It is a uniform of the officer of aircraft of the USSR. Time of Cold war and the Caribbean crisis.

Hello Sergey!

Your set is beautiful! But you made few mistakes.

First of all this uniform wasn't used during the Caribbean crisis because it was used only for 1955-58 period.

You must change emblems or shoulder boards. If it has engineer emblems it must have silver shoulder boards, if it has gold shoulder boards it must have aviation emblems.

Greetings,

you are right. However this uniform from a family of the officer of VVS. It has come to me in this kind.

I do not like to do original correction.I think that you well know as was variants of use a uniform . And I think that this consequence of a poor life in the sixties.And it is an example of use of a uniform after 1958. The photo is made in September, 1962.City Kalinin.In this case I am sorry that I have an error in the size in one month.

However this uniform from a family of the officer of VVS.

Do you know - was this officer a pilot or an engineer? Perhaps you have his detail fotos.

It has come to me in this kind.

I do not like to do original correction.

I agree such position if fotos illustrating such mistake of regulation are availible. In other case you can't be sure that these mistakes are not result of activity of seller or family members.

I think that you well know as was variants of use a uniform . And I think that this consequence of a poor life in the sixties.And it is an example of use of a uniform after 1958. The photo is made in September, 1962.City Kalinin.

This foto shows us an officer in parade uniform m49. It is impossible* that officer worn this uniform in 1962! I'm sure that writing "September, 1962.City Kalinin" was made on old foto (which this officer made in 1949-1955) in Sep. 1962 in city Kalinin. I have (and see) a lot of fotos which were subscribed many years post their making. For example - foto of officers in m35 gimnasterkas which is written as "1947 for my dear friend". I'll find this and other examples and show you them here.

*It will not be impossible if we can see a veteran at the foto. But we see rather young officer.

Edited by russiamilitaria

I again will tell that this photo is made in 1962 in the city Kalinin. This officer has arrived from Sakhalin for continuation of the service. If to tell shortly it is my uncle.And I do not speak that the uniform has no errors. I say that have found it in this kind. And :beer: I know difference of engineering emblems