News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I am looking for career info on Carl Sachsofsky, a prussian Generalarzt, pensioned around 1883. A picture and ODM info would be great!!

Thanks a lot

David

There is only the Oberstabsarzt 1. Klasse Sacksowsky in the ranklist until 1883 (his entry there in the scan). From 1871 (earliest ranklist I?ve got) always in the same position.

with regards, Komtur.

There is only the Oberstabsarzt 1. Klasse Sacksowsky in the ranklist until 1883 (his entry there in the scan). From 1871 (earliest ranklist I?ve got) always in the same position.

with regards, Komtur.

Hi Komtur

Thanks that 's great!! I think he was pensioned with the rank as Generalarzt in 1883.

Hi Komtur

Thanks that 's great!! I think he was pensioned with the rank as Generalarzt in 1883.

David,

he was granted the charakterisierter Rank of Generalarzt 2. Klasse on retirement which at the time equated to an Oberstleutnant.

Regards

Glenn

David,

he was granted the charakterisierter Rank of Generalarzt 2. Klasse on retirement which at the time equated to an Oberstleutnant.

Regards

Glenn

Ah I see :-)

when was this, do you have the full date or more data on him?

David

Ah I see :-)

when was this, do you have the full date or more data on him?

David

David,

my 1883 Milit?r-Wochenblatt is as yet unindexed. :( If I find his retirement and charakter promotion date I will inform you. He does not appear in the 1865 Ranglisten which presumably means he was originally an Electoral Hessian Medical Officer prior to 1866. As Komtur states, he spent more or less his entire Prussian service as the Garrison Medical Officer in Kassel. He was awarded the EK2 on the white ribbon as the Chef-Arzt of Feldlazareth Nr. 10 of XI. Armeekorps.

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J

with regards, Komtur.

Hi Komtur

Just to be sure: would the cross right behind EK2 be the kurhessian Dienstauszeichnungskreuz f?r 25 Dienstjahre der Offiziere?

David

Hi Komtur

Just to be sure: would the cross right behind EK2 be the kurhessian Dienstauszeichnungskreuz f?r 25 Dienstjahre der Offiziere?

David

No, it is the Prussian one, because after 1866 there were no Kurhessen at all, because Kurhessen was 1866 on the "wrong" side.

Regards, Komtur.

No, it is the Prussian one, because after 1866 there were no Kurhessen at all, because Kurhessen was 1866 on the "wrong" side.

Regards, Komtur.

Ah I see. I just assumed he got his CHDK25 before he went into prussian service in 1866.